2022 Anderson Rocketech

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 27, 2017
OK, took the Rocketech out to the field today to hit off a pitching machine (about 50-60 swings).
This bat is HOT, DD was hitting shots deep into the OF and 3 went over a 210" fence with many hitting mid to top of the fence or 190' plus.
Bat is a 33/-10 and weighs in at 22.75oz only a 1/4 oz more than the 32/-10 Ghost she was swinging. Looks like we have a new bat.

Feb 1, 2021
Welp my unfortunate report is I received the bat the day after my kid left for college. She had a shortlist of important things she needed to do in those 2 weeks before coming back home this weekend. She's a good kid but for some reason didn't do any of the items.

It definitely doesn't feel like the right time to be rewarding her with my impulse buy, so the bat is going back. We may try again in the near future.

Feb 1, 2021
So, in the end, DD did swing the bat in the basement for a bit before she headed back this morning. Super quick, crappy "review" coming,...but in summary here is what she said:

Again, shes a 'big' strong college freshman so take that into account.

A tad lighter than her current bat. (2020 version of the RXT 33-10)
"Almost too light." Would have picked a heavier drop if she could.
Really well balanced.
Reminded her a lot of the CF9 which she loved. Maybe a little stiffer.
Felt really solid when you got it on the sweet spot. I could tell by the sound as well when that happened.
Felt the sweet spot was actually a little smaller than her current bat.

Ultimately she said there was nothing negative she could come up with. We didn't get the radar out as I wanted, but it didn't seem (in both of our opinions) like it was leaps ahead like we'd read. She did like it, but not enough to replace her RTX. It's still going back.

Sorry I didn't get the review I was really looking for, but it's been a strange weekend.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
OK, took the Rocketech out to the field today to hit off a pitching machine (about 50-60 swings).
This bat is HOT, DD was hitting shots deep into the OF and 3 went over a 210" fence with many hitting mid to top of the fence or 190' plus.
Bat is a 33/-10 and weighs in at 22.75oz only a 1/4 oz more than the 32/-10 Ghost she was swinging. Looks like we have a new bat.
Sounds like it was just time for her to move up to a bigger bat...i would say if you swung other 33/23s, you would have better testing
results. Just an idea

Feb 24, 2019
Got a 32/22 for sale if anyone is interested. Almost brand new. Only put a bucket of swings in it and daughter did not like it even though I thought it was pretty good. Comes with receipt.

Feb 24, 2019
Called and left messages 3 times, I assume they are dragging their feet in calling me back to return

Feb 1, 2021
Called and left messages 3 times, I assume they are dragging their feet in calling me back to return
The Anderson bat website is completely gone from the Interwebs. Oh boy. This could get interesting.

If its just a technical glitch and it comes back online, they have an online Warranty Claim form you need to fillout. If you read it carefully it explains how to do a non-warranty return.

I did have to email their support once after filling out the form, but once I did that, they sent me a paid return label. I returned it and got a refund no problem.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
The Anderson bat website is completely gone from the Interwebs. Oh boy. This could get interesting.

If its just a technical glitch and it comes back online, they have an online Warranty Claim form you need to fillout. If you read it carefully it explains how to do a non-warranty return.

I did have to email their support once after filling out the form, but once I did that, they sent me a paid return label. I returned it and got a refund no problem.
They got hit with a ransomware attack on their Social Media account a few weeks ago, so maybe it's related to that?

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I bought the 2021 version of the Rocketech Carbon and the 2020 Rocketech -9 in late 2020 for reviews. I tested the 2021 model with both of my daughters for exit velocity and feel. This is the neon green version, so their biggest complaint is that the color wasn't to their liking. I compared it against several of the 17 fastpitch bats they own off the tee with a Pocket Radar. My older daughter is a line-drive hitter, who was 16 at the time. My younger daughter is more of a power hitter, who was 14 at the time. The bats I used for comparison were as follows:
1) 32-22 2020 DS Ghost
2) 33-23 2021 LXT
3) 33-23 2020 FNX
4) 32-22 2013 CF4 Hope.

The average exit velocity for the Anderson was 71 mph. The next closest bat was, amazingly enough, the CF4 at 69-70. My daughters both felt the bat provided a lot of feedback on miss-hits, which my younger daughter was used to with her FNX. The bat swings very balanced, which I suppose could help with power for the lighter girls. When spring came, we went to the field to try it out with a few other high-level travel players. All thought the bad was very good, but their complaint was that the color was ugly and that it didn't have that Ghost sound. Girls are very particular about their equipment, so getting them to switch away from their current bats is hard, especially when the Ghost is *the* keeping up with the Jones' bat.

I have yet to try out the 2022 version, but I did just hook up a YouTube reviewer with one about two weeks ago. He promised to send me the review and give me a shout-out when it's done.

Full disclosure: I am a rep for a sporting goods store that is a licensed dealer for Anderson Bats, so I can get them for a very good price for anyone, but I am not here to sell bats. Do I expect this to be the Ghost killer? No. But it is a good alternative for those of us sick of spending money on bats that always break.

Good luck to anyone who tries one out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28