2021 rawlings mantra?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 7, 2020
My dd tried it as a demo. She didn't care for it. She made solid contact with it but the ball didn't pop off her bat like others. It's be due to it not being broken in fully.

One of her coaches dd fell in love with the bat. She chose it over a ghost advanced. She said it felt good in her hands and has good pop. But they also spend alot of time each day doing tee work and soft toss.

Jun 6, 2018
Definitely seems to be a bat that you either love or hate off the bat. Local training center got them in 2 weeks ago to demo and 2 girls loved it and the other 16 hated it. I guess i was surprised at how overwieght they are compared to sticker. I meant the ones they had made easton ghost's look like demarini (2-2.5 ounces over sticker on the 4 32-33 length bats she had.)

May 28, 2019
some girls on team hit with it a very few times. none seemed to care for it, balls came off bat like duds. I have no idea the history of the bat being demo'd whether it was broken in or not.

Girls also were hitting new prism+, a lot fell in love with the bat. Seemed to have a very smooth quiet pop to the ball.

Oct 4, 2018
I've seen a few in the wild, but have yet to put our hands on one. I am curious how my DDs would like it.

Dec 1, 2015
Southern IL
DD swung one during a demo and didn't like it. Currently on her 2nd Quatro Pro. She didn't like the Ghost or Advanced either, so went back to her QP.

Apr 9, 2020
my daughter just recently got the ,mantra (can't speak on longevity) however she has blue ghost & the, newer ghost(didn't last the winter just indoors lol) but replaced under warranty and new lxt as well, weather hasn't been great to use the mantra all the time however we did take to the field for a lesson last week on a nice day ... her hitting coach was soft tossing to her and switching bats periodically after few swings... same balls same soft tosser and the mantra did send the balls markedly farther. about 50 balls hit in last round approx 25-30 went over with all bats and the mantra sent them furthest.. not a scientific study lol but was somewhat eye opening to see results of each bat.. her coach and daughter were most impressed with her hard winter work paying off with that amount over regardless of bat. daughter does say the mantra feels significantly lighter then the other brands she owns.. hopefully will last season.. stay well all

Mar 8, 2021
Our team has been testing out a demo 33/23 on a few sessions. Among those were users from 12u to 16u and even a college player who is a coach in our organization. Many of the players have been using ghosts and breaking them.
(Side note) two weekends ago our organization broke 6 ghosts in one tournament.
Only one player didn't like the Mantra, and she is a slugger user.
Rawlings may not have a solid bat reputation, but collective response from our organization is that this bat is very legit and will be a contender.
Longevity is the unknown, but we have all but beaten a telephone pole with it and I expect it to be a big contender.

Jun 6, 2018
6 in one weekend? I have two teams fitted with them (thanks to core) and of 25 bats we have seen 9 break in 10 months. Two main cautions our girls take is they do not hit heavy balls with them and only tee work pre-game, and then the bats do not see the light of day under 50 degrees. So yes girls have backup bats for practice and cold days but last summer/fall the bats got full usage and not that many breaks.

Also, glad your organization likes the Mantra. Our results were it was a dud and exit speeds showed it but the biggest complaint among the ones who tried it was it had vibration and it did not feel comfortable to them. The majority swing ghost advance or lxt and a couple xeno.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
re.todd22