2020 CF Zen vs Prism differences

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 22, 2020
I am reading there are mainly differences in the barrels. What type of hitter would do better with a CF vs a Prism? Thanks all!

May 4, 2020
I am reading there are mainly differences in the barrels. What type of hitter would do better with a CF vs a Prism? Thanks all!
CF has no inner tech. Hollow sound on contact. The Prism has full inner barrel like Ghost. Both bats like most Demarini’s swing very light. Usually right at stated weight or slightly over.
Personal preference on sound, feel, looks, etc...
I’d have to check but not sure if both bats use same composite. Both bats cover the full spectrum of hitters from slappers to power hitters.
Much depends on players size, strength, & bat speed in relation to drop choice.

Aug 7, 2019
I would go with the prism. Love the sound on contact.

The new 2021 Prism coming out has been changed a lot and simply based on the sounds of it should be a great bat with lots of improvements over the original.

Oct 22, 2019
I would go with the prism. Love the sound on contact.

The new 2021 Prism coming out has been changed a lot and simply based on the sounds of it should be a great bat with lots of improvements over the original.

When does the 2021 come out?? What kind of improvements can we expect? My daughter really needs a new bat now, due to growing 2-3 inches since getting her Prism last Spring. Debating on waiting for the new one but don't know how long that will be.

Sep 7, 2020
CF has no inner tech. Hollow sound on contact. The Prism has full inner barrel like Ghost. Both bats like most Demarini’s swing very light. Usually right at stated weight or slightly over.
Personal preference on sound, feel, looks, etc...
I’d have to check but not sure if both bats use same composite. Both bats cover the full spectrum of hitters from slappers to power hitters.
Much depends on players size, strength, & bat speed in relation to drop choice.

Is there must difference in swing? Is one much lighter than the other or are they about the same?

May 4, 2020
When does the 2021 come out?? What kind of improvements can we expect? My daughter really needs a new bat now, due to growing 2-3 inches since getting her Prism last Spring. Debating on waiting for the new one but don't know how long that will be.
2021 Prism Plus should be available in Feb.

Oct 5, 2018
I can't find it now, but somewhere I had seen that the prism plus was going to have a heavier swing weight. Not sure if any difference in composite or connector. And I'd guess it still wouldn't be as heavy as a ghost, I'd think more similar to the old insane line.

Seems one complaint amongst "power" hitters is that the current prism swings too light.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802