2016 Louisville Slugger LXT plus and Xeno plus

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 9, 2015
Yep. The Xeno will normally outweigh a similarly-sized LXT by nearly an ounce. It is weighted differently, too, with more of the weight out toward the barrel for a distinctly different feel.

She's probably a Xeno girl now. ;)

My DD has a CF6 Insane 33/23. We are considering both the 2016 Xeno and LXT as well as a new CF8 Insane. Which LS bat will feel like her CF6 Insane? She wants a bat with a slight end load feel.

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
SHAMLESS BRAG POST INCLUDED: <--- That's my warning. My DD swings the 2014 LXT and it has that annoying broken glass sound that people sometimes don't like. What I will say about that sound is that in a room of 35 girls all hitting softballs there is no louder more attention grabbing sound than the LS line of bats currently. It's so pronounced that it caused the HC to turn and look and watch, then to approach my DD's HC for more info. This was after 5 solid hits in a cage.

To me each bat has pro's and con's. I don't think the CF line compared to the LS line will hit a ball much farther than each other, but one makes a distinct sound when hit right and that might be the difference maker for a girl, it definitely helped a few this weekend.

May 3, 2016
I need help!! Purchased our daughter the 2016 xeno plus bat about 2.5 weeks ago. Its -11 29 " 18 oz. We have been working on breaking it in despite the "no break in needed" Sunday it started with this different clank/tink sound and i noticed its not every spot you tap the bat that it does it. I found this video on you tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGoskwbtokU that describes the sound to a "T" but our bat doesnt do it all over and not quite as loud every time. Is this normal?? we havent seen any performance issues yet... but have a big game tonight. :( We have hit over 100 softballs so far but what is your opinion- is this normal or should we return????

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I need help!! Purchased our daughter the 2016 xeno plus bat about 2.5 weeks ago. Its -11 29 " 18 oz. We have been working on breaking it in despite the "no break in needed" Sunday it started with this different clank/tink sound and i noticed its not every spot you tap the bat that it does it. I found this video on you tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGoskwbtokU that describes the sound to a "T" but our bat doesnt do it all over and not quite as loud every time. Is this normal?? we havent seen any performance issues yet... but have a big game tonight. :( We have hit over 100 softballs so far but what is your opinion- is this normal or should we return????

It sounds exactly like a Xeno sounds.

The design includes a disc/cylinder inside the bat. When you bang on it, the disc/cylinder hits the inside of the barrel wall. That's the noise you're hearing.
techpanelxenos1idfp.jpg

Feb 17, 2015
USA

It has been discussed before. Check out this thread:

http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-equipment-product-reviews/26379-new-lxt-plus-noise.html

Mar 22, 2016
Southern California
Picked up a used Xeno Plus off of Ebay for good value, as I heard the 2016 is HOT. The bat looks to be in good shape overall, with some paint chips and not really any ball marks on the barrell.

Used it tonight for the first time at DD's hitting lesson and the ball just died. To those that remember, was there a break-in period for this thing? Based on the look I wouldn't be surprised if it just wasn't used that much. But, also could be I picked up a dud off of Ebay, so figured I'd check.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812