2016 Louisville Slugger LXT plus and Xeno plus

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 20, 2015
Indiana
I like the sound of the 16's better than previous models. They seem very hot, DD has a 15 LXT that is a great bat, very hot. I will say this - we do a lot of hitting together on the field and she also has a 2008 RT and when hit on the "sweet spot" the RT is as hot if not hotter than the LXT. Totally different bats I know, but I also will hit with each and IMO the RT does have a bit smaller sweet spot but WOW those things are hot bats !! We use it as a BP bat and some in games, good feedback and its a tank. If she can get the ball on the sweet spot on the RT, she can with about any bat on the market. I will say that the RT is not for every hitter - strong end load, different feel need to be fairly strong but good mechanics a must.

longball00

Softball is my obsession
Apr 8, 2014
Willoughby, Ohio
DD has 2 2015 Xenos and loved them. She hit 2-3 rounds of front toss with the '16 Xeno Plus and the LXT Plus, and preferred the LXT Plus out of the 2, and over her '15 Xenos. We now have 2 2015 Xenos sitting in her bag as backups. One will be for sale very soon :)

Jun 11, 2012
There will be a slight feel difference and like LAS said, the 16 will be a little lighter, But its not like the bat is
an ounce different or anything.

I think part of it is that she swung a 2015 Xeno while we waiting almost 4 months for the warranty replacement bat and she got used to the feel of the Xeno.

Both are 33/23 bats but the LXT feels so much lighter if you were to swing both. Maybe eventually she'll decide to use it, until then it sits and looks pretty.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I figured there was a "but" in why she felt the LXT was much lighter feeling than last year...haha

The Xeno is def heavier than the LXT

I figured there was a "but" in why she felt the LXT was much lighter feeling than last year...haha

The Xeno is def heavier than the LXT
Yep. The Xeno will normally outweigh a similarly-sized LXT by nearly an ounce. It is weighted differently, too, with more of the weight out toward the barrel for a distinctly different feel.

She's probably a Xeno girl now. ;)

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
How much does a bat compression tester cost? I think we should all chip in and buy one for Coresoftball20 so he can provide some "real" answers to these questions.....

I have them pretty readily available so no need to purchase any...haha

Although I am thinking of buying an asa and usssa one for the shop to keep there

I personally like compression machines. I think it definitely gives you an idea of a bat and was def a step
in the right direction to curb some foul play going on

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2015
Power Hitter

My daughter has been a demarini user since she started playing. She plays on a high competitive showcase team. She used the 2014 xeno last weekend and fell in love with it. Of course when I looked to get her one, they have been discontinued. She is a power hitter. Which of the 2016 xenos is better for a power hitter.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
My daughter has been a demarini user since she started playing. She plays on a high competitive showcase team. She used the 2014 xeno last weekend and fell in love with it. Of course when I looked to get her one, they have been discontinued. She is a power hitter. Which of the 2016 xenos is better for a power hitter.

The one that's the right length for her, and is the heaviest she can handle handle efficiently.

May 12, 2014
My daughter just got her 2016 Xeno yesterday (Thanks Core!)...and compared to her Demarini it makes a loud glass break sound. So, yes, it still makes a awkward sound. After about the 3rd hit, my DD said "Isn't that sound beautiful?!"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coach101