2 Career Records broken

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
DD hit several milestones and records this weekend. The first is Career HBP record for her school's program. Also, broke the career record for career Grand Slams with her 3rd. She played her 100th game and her last AB on Saturday was her 300th. She is now in the top 5 in career HRs and RBI's as well. All this with 2 shortened Covid seasons. She had to catch 4 games this weekend while complaining about her back. Now she is on Spring Break with her BF at his family ranch hopefully getting some much needed rest.

Dec 11, 2010
Very cool! Man, I wish our kids were playing college ball in a different time, covid screwed everything up and still is.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Very cool! Man, I wish our kids were playing college ball in a different time, covid screwed everything up and still is.
I foresee many D1 records being broken due to players playing their 5th or even 6th years. My DD has 2 more years of eligibility....no thanks. Time to move on live her life. Former player on DD's team broke the Career D3 Stolen base record in 4 years. Last year a 5th year player broke her record. When I told her about it, she was a little miffed.

Dec 11, 2010
It really does stink that this is happening. There is a new hits leader at DD’s college. “Broke the record” first weekend of her fifth year.

Jun 8, 2016
It really does stink that this is happening. There is a new hits leader at DD’s college. “Broke the record” first weekend of her fifth year.
Did she play more actual games than the previous record holder?

Dec 11, 2010
Good question. I am going to have to take a deeper dive into that, the previous record holder was not a name I recognized.

Dec 11, 2010
Did she play more actual games than the previous record holder?
So I have looked into this a little! Since this goes back to the late 90’s, there isn’t much statistics or schedules available. No one was more surprised than me to learn that the college team I am referring to played 67 games in 1998!

The same team played 56 last year.

I think it is safe to congratulate the new hits leader for a job well done!

Jun 8, 2016
So I have looked into this a little! Since this goes back to the late 90’s, there isn’t much statistics or schedules available. No one was more surprised than me to learn that the college team I am referring to played 67 games in 1998!

I am glad I could initiate your path towards graciousness..😉

Aug 1, 2019
MN

I was just getting ready to say "get the asterisk key warmed up for those record books."

Jun 8, 2016
I was just getting ready to say "get the asterisk key warmed up for those record books."
If a kid breaks a record in the first 1/3 -1/2 of her fifth year then it is pretty legit considering how many games were lost in 2020. Now granted in 2023 that player would have played more games at the end of her career where she would probably be expected to be more productive so there is that..

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802