1st Travel Tournament

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Sorry for what I'm about to write, but it is necessary. If your daughter is as stubborn as mine and refuses to keep feminine supplies in her bag, make sure you have some. It will ALWAYS happen on white pants day and ALWAYS when you're in the middle of nowhere. We recently had to scramble in between games and find the nearest Academy store for pants replacement. Good times. Avoid this dilemma at all costs!

May 21, 2018
Were you at the Lake this past weekend by any chance? I saw a team leaving as we were walking in that
looked like it could be your team. Couldn't tell if the girls were happy, sad or just hot?

Dec 12, 2020
Were you at the Lake this past weekend by any chance? I saw a team leaving as we were walking in that
looked like it could be your team. Couldn't tell if the girls were happy, sad or just hot?
We were!

They were hot, but had some mixed emotions as we had just lost our championship game, but I think more so because it was the end of incredible weekend. It was such a memorable time.

I did notice the Stix in passing, if I remember correctly, your dd's team?

Dec 12, 2020
Thank you everyone for the replies! It's funny how they are all more than just words on a screen after the experience.

May 21, 2018
We were!

They were hot, but had some mixed emotions as we had just lost our championship game, but I think more so because it was the end of incredible weekend. It was such a memorable time.

I did notice the Stix in passing, if I remember correctly, your dd's team?
My DD was playing up with the '07 Stix team. Sounds like you had a good first travel tournament. 👍

Jun 21, 2021
Sunscreen and snacks for sure.
Cash because concession stands and gate fees usually don't take cards.

If you have a little one (YDD is 5) download some movies/ shows on Netflix on their tablet so they can watch without Internet. This has stopped mine from asking for my phone that I need to take pictures and videos.

Jan 24, 2020
One thing I have started doing for the team when we play locally (SoCal) or other warm weather locations is to take a wheeled cooler filled with rolled up bar towels/wash cloths and fill it up with ice and water, as well as two painter's buckets for the used towels (one at each end of the bench.) It is heavy, and a pain in the butt to deal with, but in 90+deg heat they are amazing. DD has migraines that are triggered by extreme heat, so we started doing this for her, then teammates & coaches were poaching the extras, and now we take 60-100/day. Most hotels have laundry facilities so we can reset each night, and usually another parent will dump a flat of waters into the the cooler as well to make sure the girls don't run out. Parents will dive into the extra towels at the end of the day on the way back to the cars. If you buy in bulk the towels are less than $2/ea. so I don't mind if some don't make it back to the buckets, but the attrition rate is low. Also, you can't have enough sunblock or water.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45