1st Day of Internship---UGH!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2018
I got a sweet internship in Rockefeller Center in Manhattan after my freshman year of college. If you’ve never been there, the level below ground is an absolute maze that they cheerfully call The Concourse Level.

On my first day, I confidently strode up the stairs from the subway and proceeded to get completely lost in this subterranean labyrinth. Ninety minutes later I showed up an hour late for my first day on the job.

Good luck to your daughter, I’m sure she’ll do great! Despite my rocky start I wound up working at that company for 20 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I got a sweet internship in Rockefeller Center in Manhattan after my freshman year of college. If you’ve never been there, the level below ground is an absolute maze that they cheerfully call The Concourse Level.

On my first day, I confidently strode up the stairs from the subway and proceeded to get completely lost in this subterranean labyrinth. Ninety minutes later I showed up an hour late for my first day on the job.

Good luck to your daughter, I’m sure she’ll do great! Despite my rocky start I wound up working at that company for 20 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's hilarious!

My first day for the company I currently work for I showed up 20 minutes late. The absolutely worst traffic day. No traffic 45 minutes. Moderate traffic 55 minutes.

Jul 18, 2022
DD's 1st day of internship is today, and has to be there at 5:30am with a 30 minute commute. I was awake when she left. 5 minutes later I hear the front door open and she is upset. She spilled coffee all over her white pants!!! I assumed she was late. I'm sure we'll talk about when she gets home.
It could've been worse. She could've spilt it right after locking her keys in the car and down the middle of the pants. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478