1st base glove query

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 20, 2015
former player just got the nod to start as a first year at 1B.....she's a career 3B

dad (a good friend) might be looking to pick up a 1B glove.....she'll likely need it this year, and possibly next year......by Jr year she's projected to move over to 3B (girl there now is a Jr)

so you needs a solid glove, something that won't be a bear to break in, that would get her through 2 years of college ball

so what say you......what fits this bill?

May 20, 2015
although the vinci custom 22 series is still on sale, same as the list price liberty

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
he's not me ;)

i was thinking a liberty advanced off the rack......guessing that would get her through two seasons comfortably?
Okay, the LA will definitely suffice for two seasons, as long as she takes care of it and tightens the laces every so often. It will break in relatively quickly, so it can be game ready in a short period of time. My daughter uses one as her second position, and I've noticed it will get floppy if you're not diligent about tightening the laces.

The Heart of The Hide is a better mitt, but it takes a lot longer to break in, and it's about $100 more. I always assume people who come to me are trying to save a few bucks, so I always give them options. We have both in stock, and I'll save you off retail by a lot.

Right now, those would be the best two options you have. Wilson is really behind in getting their 2023 models to market, and the other makers are in the same boat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478