17yo Maddie

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
First college visit/camp was a success. Her thumb healed up enough by this morning not to slow her down, either fielding, catching, or hitting. She loved everything about this particular school, and can see herself on the campus. Fingers crossed that everything works out on the admissions side. She has another school visit/camp scheduled in a few weeks.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
First college visit/camp was a success. Her thumb healed up enough by this morning not to slow her down, either fielding, catching, or hitting. She loved everything about this particular school, and can see herself on the campus. Fingers crossed that everything works out on the admissions side. She has another school visit/camp scheduled in a few weeks.
Can you tell us which schools? Are the coaches kind of surprised she wants to play there?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Can you tell us which schools? Are the coaches kind of surprised she wants to play there?

Her first visit was to Lewis & Clark College in Portland, OR. I don't know that they were surprised, but the HC does seem excited by the idea of Maddie joining the team. The visit was a 2-day, invitation-only event for a small number of prospects. 4 of them were catchers. All of the prospects looked to be skilled and experienced players. We were also encouraged by the skill level of the current team, and the way the coaches ran practices.

We are visiting Humboldt State (in Nor Cal) in a couple of weeks.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
Her first visit was to Lewis & Clark College in Portland, OR. I don't know that they were surprised, but the HC does seem excited by the idea of Maddie joining the team. The visit was a 2-day, invitation-only event for a small number of prospects. 4 of them were catchers. All of the prospects looked to be skilled and experienced players. We were also encouraged by the skill level of the current team, and the way the coaches ran practices.

My DD is sooo late in contacting anyone, but she is interested in Criminology and Humboldt State was on her list. I think she just really likes the idea of getting away from her parents.........

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
Her first visit was to Lewis & Clark College in Portland, OR.

Portland and the PNW have a lot to do. Food, art, music, wine. The coast, public lands, and mountain all within a couple hours drive. Washington is just across the river. The only bummer is the rain. For 3 months the weather is awesome. The other 9….meh.

Source: I lived there for 21 years.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas

That Northwest Conference is pretty salty. Almost as great as the ASC. ;)

We took a Wine(Wilamette Valley), beer and culinary trip to Portland several years back. Very beautiful area and the Columbia River all the way to Hood River is breathtaking! At least the school is south of the craziness that goes on in the city. Keep Portland Weird!!! The residents do a great job of making this true.

Check out my favorite character. The UniPiper!

https://www.youtube.com/c/TheUnipiper

May 24, 2013
So Cal
My DD is sooo late in contacting anyone, but she is interested in Criminology and Humboldt State was on her list. I think she just really likes the idea of getting away from her parents.........

It's not too late. I know Humboldt has recruiting camps coming up. Get to one. Our SS last year committed to Univ. of Redlands in the early spring of her senior year.

Maddie wants to be away from home, but not across the country. Nor Cal, OR, WA, and CO are the areas she has talked about.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802