17 yr old Haley

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Testing her swing against speed reaction time of 68MPH

Is her rear foot turned a little backward? I would just always start a little coiled in the stance.
Hard to see real well from this angle but looks like the gears aren’t engaged in her rear hip socket (the bug squishing look). Like she is turning back and then to catch up she is pushing. Her tee swings in the other vids look good and I like the drills she is doing. I would keep doing the same thing you are with the pitching machine in this vid, but would really use it for a lesson in starting early, starting slow, no stop and go, but a continual forward by coil. Just like her tee swings when she going from a the one leg drills to the regular swing. Starting early with the pitcher motion and “timing it with the front leg hover” as I often said, basically turning that one leg drill into a well timed swing, could help get her swing to snap so much quicker with less effort. A rushed swing is almost always a push, even with the top pros.

May 16, 2019
Is her rear foot turned a little backward? I would just always start a little coiled in the stance.
Hard to see real well from this angle but looks like the gears aren’t engaged in her rear hip socket (the bug squishing look). Like she is turning back and then to catch up she is pushing. Her tee swings in the other vids look good and I like the drills she is doing. I would keep doing the same thing you are with the pitching machine in this vid, but would really use it for a lesson in starting early, starting slow, no stop and go, but a continual forward by coil. Just like her tee swings when she going from a the one leg drills to the regular swing. Starting early with the pitcher motion and “timing it with the front leg hover” as I often said, basically turning that one leg drill into a well timed swing, could help get her swing to snap so much quicker with less effort. A rushed swing is almost always a push, even with the top pros.

Back foot should be a little coiled. Gears not engaged is a good way to describe it, especially when challenged speed wise. Has a tendency to push a little. Still trying to get comfortable with being ready and waiting on the fast ball, she's gets a little anxious and breaks down a bit. Great insight thank you.

Oct 2, 2017
Had a good year with her dad promising a better senior year. 1st team all league and the teams offensive POY. Lead in most of the offensive stats. Always more work to be done , hopping we have a productive summer workouts. TBC.

You are doing a great Job! and Haley is doing a fantastic Job, with her grit and determination!

May 16, 2019
You are doing a great Job! and Haley is doing a fantastic Job, with her grit and determination!

Appreciate the kinds words , ill be sure to pass them along to Haley. She was commenting on how much your daughter has grown when I showed her your videos of Allie . Haley will often ask about Allie's progress were both fans of her and her swing.

Her workout schedule is insane, we do hitting, pitching, and weights about 10-12 hours a week. That's separate from her travel ball stuff, but she loves it, so we just let her go. I have about one more year with Haley before she moves on to college.

I forgot one more award academic all league only the top 12 in the league get a patch for it.

The main reason I post anything about the HLP is because there is a lot of things that are misunderstood about the mechanics of the swing. I could have used this type of info back then. I've been doing this for 6 years and still learning how to teach this better by sharing with others.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017
Appreciate the kinds words , ill be sure to pass them along to Haley. She was commenting on how much your daughter has grown when I showed her your videos of Allie . Haley will often ask about Allie's progress were both fans of her and her swing.

Her workout schedule is insane but she loves it, so we just let her go.

That's great! Tell her I said thank you and I will pass it along to Allie!

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Haley rocks!! Very inspirational, it’s great for her to have the success and knowing her hard work is paying off. I’m sure she is ready to get started on next year. My kids want to work all summer to learn new pitches and work on hitting.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28