16yo Maddie

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 12, 2020
Swings from Sunday's games...

Maddie went 3-for-4 with a HR (ITP), two 3Bs, and a deep fly ball out to LF that might have been over a 200' fence. She also picked up her 13th HBP since the start of Feb (25 games). It's just ridiculous how often she gets plunked. She also threw out the only runner who dared to challenge her arm. It was a very good day at the ball field. :)

She squares everything up! I really enjoy your updates. Gonna let my DD know good things come to those who are willing to get plunked!

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
She squares everything up! I really enjoy your updates. Gonna let me DD know good things come to those who are willing to get plunked!

Keep in mind that the foul balls and swings-and-misses have been conveniently edited out of the video ;)

Over the years, HBPs have become part of her offensive game. It's now to the point where she's disappointed if she doesn't get hit at least once in a day of games.

Dec 12, 2020
Keep in mind that the foul balls and swings-and-misses have been conveniently edited out of the video ;)

Over the years, HBPs have become part of her offensive game. It's now to the point where she's disappointed if she doesn't get hit at least once in a day of games.
I guess what I mean, is she is able to square anything up

Not only willing, but the desire to get plunked, even better! Trying to work my 10u DD out of a funk.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Amazing the effect of branding on a child's mind!

Only adds 7-10 mph to the exit velocity.

She hates the LS sound. I've suggested LS to her before, but it's always been a "no". No discussion, just "no".

7-10 mph over what? I've seen a lot of bats over a lot of years swung by good hitters in different age groups. I have yet to see a bat that is a 10+% better exit speed than any other of the top bats.

Jun 8, 2016
She hates the LS sound. I've suggested LS to her before, but it's always been a "no". No discussion, just "no".

7-10 mph over what? I've seen a lot of bats over a lot of years swung by good hitters in different age groups. I have yet to see a bat that is a 10+% better exit speed than any other of the top bats.
I liked a bat with a thin handle, and when I started using wood, I liked having the end cupped out. It had nothing to do with marketing....

Dec 2, 2013
Texas

This is part of DD's game too! At one point she led the country D3 in HBP's. She's cooled off since then. Now she is tied for 7th with 8 HBP's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45