16u and a lot of work. Humble brag!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Thanks for this feedback. Any drills you suggest to help fix this? Her swing has come a long way but she is always looking to be better

Maybe some feet together tee drills or off front toss. When you’re in such a narrow start point you can feel the weight gathered back and can hold onto some/most of that weight when striding. The back leg/knee/heel should feel like an anchor point for the most part.

Nov 18, 2018
Maybe some feet together tee drills or off front toss. When you’re in such a narrow start point you can feel the weight gathered back and can hold onto some/most of that weight when striding. The back leg/knee/heel should feel like an anchor point for the most part.
OK so like the start of her everydays. She starts her tee work with stance, front foot to back foot and then swing.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Lowerbody looks better than the upper.

Doesn’t turn the barrel until the hands get down to back hip area. Back shoulder drops. The barrel turn is done second in her swings. Another swing on a higher pitch show the hands barrel not moving the barrel. Their late.

There is, no posture. No glute and back dominate action.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
OK so like the start of her everydays. She starts her tee work with stance, front foot to back foot and then swing.

Yeah. There’s a crossed feet drill you can do also. Same thing imo. Don’t Over stride. It’s purely for feel of getting off the backside but not losing the weight forward.

Nov 18, 2018
Yeah. There’s a crossed feet drill you can do also. Same thing imo. Don’t Over stride. It’s purely for feel of getting off the backside but not losing the weight forward.
So do you think she over strides? The reason for the ask as I have thought that in the past. She is very tall 5'10 and so I always look at that as should she close the distance in her stance and stride from there

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
So do you think she over strides? The reason for the ask as I have thought that in the past. She is very tall 5'10 and so I always look at that as should she close the distance in her stance and stride from there

I don’t think she overstrides. I think she doesn’t hold onto the backside well. Causes the issues we see. Shawn mentioned posture and the glutes. Could help the feel as well. She a bit too upright in the latest videos.. but I liked the posture she had in her game vids.. so I didn’t mention it.

Edit: the hips drift more than drop. That to me is an anchor problem. Or losing the back side early.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2018
I don’t think she overstrides. I think she doesn’t hold onto the backside well. Causes the issues we see. Shawn mentioned posture and the glutes. Could help the feel as well. She a bit too upright in the latest videos.. but I liked the posture she had in her game vids.. so I didn’t mention it.

Edit: the hips drift more than drop. That to me is an anchor problem. Or losing the back side early.
Ok so needs to stay more in that back leg. We are working on her outing more weight back on it during swing with a little lean that direction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802