16u and a lot of work. Humble brag!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The hands should stay connected longer. She pushes them back prematurely. The forward move should cause the hands to work back. I would try a step back drill to get the feel. I would also use a bit more top hand and less front shoulder.

See how the hands are moving the shoulder?

1660885233551.gif

Edit: make sure posture is set a bit more over the plate also.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
It’s armsy, where the hands don’t achieve a rotational axis. The front shoulder fly’s and the barrel is left back or stuck back.

be back

Nov 18, 2018
Thanks for the advice. A couple of things I think creates the separation of the arm. Hitting coach really wants her knob at catcher which I think causes this. As far as sitting she is tall as you can see and for the longest time before she grew she was told to stay tall. I will do some step back drills and work on posture

Jun 8, 2016
Thanks for the advice. A couple of things I think creates the separation of the arm. Hitting coach really wants her knob at catcher which I think causes this. As far as sitting she is tall as you can see and for the longest time before she grew she was told to stay tall. I will do some step back drills and work on posture
On the step back drill focus on not loading the hands until she starts her forward move.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali

Knob at the catcher is good for a kid who unravels early. Your dd has over done this imo. As she should bc that’s what’s she was told. But at the end of the day you wanna get rid of that hinge/lag as fast as possible w timing.

May 27, 2022
Similar to what is posted, watch out for her front arm in a bar position through the front 3/4 of the swing. It drives the hands too low which ends up with the bat pointed at the ground after contact. When the swing of the bat goes from above the ball to contact to below the ball, timing has to be impeccable or you end up with pop ups (most likely) or hits into the ground or just plain misses.

1661857698678.png
1661857727632.png
1661857751706.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45