16u and a lot of work. Humble brag!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
So there is a sitting re-action when you hit. But if you attempt to sit the result mostly is a push early from the ground which results in drifting/early hip extension/pushing/drag etc etc. the list can be long. Like we have seen from 2 of the latest players looking for swing analysis. As players create actions which are reactions things get off line and leaks occur. Or don’t create an anchor to stretch from.

The action isn’t to sit. The action is to resist the stretch/momentum created which creates an anchor and a ‘sit’ and therefore keeps the pelvis in position to extend when swinging; not before. The resistance is throughout. Not just during the negative or the positive stretch moves.

Think of it in laymen’s terms. If something is anchored like a dog on a leash.. when the dog attempts to move forward and runs out of slack, the reaction is .. to sit. Same cause and effect.

This is known as transition or ‘loading in the unload’ and is rarely taught correctly If at all. I teach it as resistance of opposites of the action created. Negative move, resist. Positive move, resist. Anchor.

1659971162920.gif

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
"NO Plunge" Swinging "down to" out front.

IbUiVXs.gif

http://i.imgur.com/QjDMTvF.gifv
fxMcvjZ.gif

WkNocPq.gif

ll6lLzl.gif

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Swinging down out front is an adjustment, LND. Just swinging down or plunging without LND is how TDS teaches it apparently.

• Haha
Reactions: TDS
Nov 18, 2018
The way she loads her hands causes her to lay the bat a bit flat before she swings..but it isn't bad. She got to that low pitch ok so..
I just was reading over this again and her hitting coach tells her to get the knob to the catcher and get bat flat on high pitch. I think this leads to that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28