16u and a lot of work. Humble brag!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Thats because Judge wasn't able to do so without shifting the weight across the pelvis to the lead leg.. Judge would be slow and long if his foot isn't down. We no Rich didn't teach him how to get fyb .

orLqo7b.gif

What makes you think we don’t teach that position? The stretch that runs around the leg, around the crouch or psoas muscle.

The leg is turning a still coiled pelvis. No opening of the hips from the position the back leg is in position to pull.

We have drills to teach to swing from that position. No stride, command drill.

• Haha
Reactions: TDS

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
What makes you think we don’t teach that position? The stretch that runs around the leg, around the crouch or psoas muscle.

The leg is turning a still coiled pelvis. No opening of the hips from the position the back leg is in position to pull.

We have drills to teach to swing from that position. No stride, command drill.

What good does it do when its job is to catch the swing (swing is the shift).

dIlaZtm.gif

May 12, 2016
Doesn’t have to be like that, ready to swing at pitch release no need to rush. 🥎🥎🥎
Show me a pitching machine and I’ll show you a bunch hitters with bad sequence leading to rushed swings. The problem is the hitter doesn’t know when the ball is being released unless the coach has setup some kind of indicator. I hate pitching machines, especially for young hitters, it disrupts their rhythm and timing

Reactions: TDS
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Show me a pitching machine and I’ll show you a bunch hitters with bad sequence leading to rushed swings. The problem is the hitter doesn’t know when the ball is being released unless the coach has setup some kind of indicator. I hate pitching machines, especially for young hitters, it disrupts their rhythm and timing

Ours are easy to time.

Nov 18, 2018
I am also not a fan of the pitching machine but I do think it has its place. All of those videos I posted last time were of the machine and DD hitting coach is only using it to replicate speed.

May 12, 2016
I am also not a fan of the pitching machine but I do think it has its place. All of those videos I posted last time were of the machine and DD hitting coach is only using it to replicate speed.
What’s the point in replicating speed when you can’t apply sequence? Your dd’s swing looks rushed because she don’t know when the ball is being delivered.. it just forms bad habits and lowers confidence

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812