16u and a lot of work. Humble brag!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
I think you have them switched around, lol. 😀

Shift is out of the way.. Core contracts to complete the swing.

NwcpAXa.gif

aCyYGF6.gif

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
What’s the point in replicating speed when you can’t apply sequence? Your dd’s swing looks rushed because she don’t know when the ball is being delivered.. it just forms bad habits and lowers confidence

If you use a jugs where a person feeds the machine it works out more game like than even firm front toss. If there’s an arm throwing like an iron mike it works out just fine. The machines that don’t have something like these two examples are a bit tougher to time.

I do like your points though, she gets the front foot down early and slides into her swing more so than having a tighter timing mechanism. Whether it’s game time or practice time. Probably from work on the machine she’s using presently.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
The there must be a timing mechanism…. Light or sound

Let me rephrase that, ours are easy to time if your loaded and ready to swing at release. You just hold one ball in the chute and make a pitching motion with the other. That way the release phase is clean, no fumbling around trying to get it in the chute.

Just like facing a pitcher, you don’t want the ball jumping on you. You anticipate the release, you don’t wait for release and then react. Most aren’t athletic enough to pull off that just up there competing like a Stanton.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Shift is out of the way.. Core contracts to complete the swing.

aCyYGF6.gif

The burst is a beautiful thing. Let us not forget the back leg turning a still coiled pelvis. Let us not forget we have two directions happening of stretching that results in that swing.

Nov 18, 2018
What’s the point in replicating speed when you can’t apply sequence? Your dd’s swing looks rushed because she don’t know when the ball is being delivered.. it just forms bad habits and lowers confidence
I definitely understand your point. As far as confidence I think in a lot of cases you could be correct but on this occasion it was not. We will continue doing tee work and front toss but this being brought in every now and then not going to complain.

May 12, 2016
Let me rephrase that, ours are easy to time if your loaded and ready to swing at release. You just hold one ball in the chute and make a pitching motion with the other. That way the release phase is clean, no fumbling around trying to get it in the chute.

Just like facing a pitcher, you don’t want the ball jumping on you. You anticipate the release, you don’t wait for release and then react. Most aren’t athletic enough to pull off that just up there competing like a Stanton.
Yep if there is some visual indicator of when the ball is being released, should be all good, many times there are not and it causes issues

Nov 18, 2018
Yep if there is some visual indicator of when the ball is being released, should be all good, many times there are not and it causes issues
Unfortunately to your point this an older set up and hand goes up and ball comes out. I think you are right with the machine causing fundamental misses but again she came out of that lesson feeling good. Followed up the next day with me and her just tee and front toss

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Unfortunately to your point this an older set up and hand goes up and ball comes out. I think you are right with the machine causing fundamental misses but again she came out of that lesson feeling good. Followed up the next day with me and her just tee and front toss
Yes poor pitching machine create many issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28