16 yo struggling with SO and pop ups

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
@pattar is that her new name? 😆 when I hear path is bad or needs attention.. I think timing first and movement second. There just isn’t time to screw up the ‘path’ that much if timing and hitting position are correct. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Edit: The path is just result.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
If Freeman let go of the bat at the point where he checked where would it go (the actual bat..) ? If the young lady did a stop swing with her current swing and let go of her bat where would it go? Would there be a consistent difference or is there too much sensitivity to exact timing of when bat is let go to be able to use it as an external cue?

I guess I am referring to releasing the barrel.. The release is dependent on the pitch location. IOW's hands stay back until then. In Freeman's case if he could have barreled that pitch he probably would have let it go.

First 15 seconds.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
@RichK

I was helping my son today w his jump shot. He was having a bit of trouble translating a feel. I gave him a cue of pretend to dribble w two hands before you shoot to get the kinetics right. It flowed thereafter w less effort and in less time. Internal or external?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom