16 yo struggling with SO and pop ups

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 12, 2021
I'm at my wits end. DD is a big strong kid that has a lot of potential at the plate, but her swing is consistently under the ball. Her batting coach has her in a wide stance with no stride to try and keep her eye level on plane. I see the issues (I think) but my efforts to correct have not helped.

Although she doesn't stride she still moves her weight to her front hip, she drops the bat head at the start of her swing to the extent that the bat is parallel to the ground and the bat finishes wrapping around her waist. Any help is appreciated.

Apr 20, 2015
We struggled with this for a half season and did a ton of high tee work it seemed to help her not drop her hands or the bat head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 12, 2021
We struggled with this for a half season and did a ton of high tee work it seemed to help her not drop her hands or the bat head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So looking for line drives off the high tee? Her travel coach wants her bat head finishing extended high Hers consistently wraps around her belt.

Aug 12, 2021
I put a stride back in her swing at the end of fall ball. Focused on loading the hands and coiling her hips while striding then hands straight to the ball. I knew it would be a long road with some steps backward in the beginning. Her travel coach didn't like it, and persuaded us to go back to the wide stance. I'm not against the wide stance itself but it seems to send everything in her swing back to the old habits; bat drag, hands dropping, weight on front hip.

Oct 3, 2019
I'm at my wits end. DD is a big strong kid that has a lot of potential at the plate, but her swing is consistently under the ball. Her batting coach has her in a wide stance with no stride to try and keep her eye level on plane. I see the issues (I think) but my efforts to correct have not helped.

Although she doesn't stride she still moves her weight to her front hip, she drops the bat head at the start of her swing to the extent that the bat is parallel to the ground and the bat finishes wrapping around her waist. Any help is appreciated.

I wonder if the “Swingrail” hitting aid would help with this?

Jun 19, 2020
Not a hitting coach by any means, but the video was actually very helpful. She is under the ball in my opinion because she is late. Having to drop down to make contact. Her hands are at the balls level and not above it. Her weight is too far forward on her front hip as well. But your right about one thing, big strong kid!! I see many bombs in her future. Her problems are not difficult to fix. DD did the wide stance with no step for a while and we got the same result. She didn't have any rhythm and was never on time. Better pitching exposed it more.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee