14YO Addison

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2017
Decided to start a different thread for my dd. Her other vids are in the “keeping the front should down” thread in the technical forum. She’s always been an “out front” hitter. We have done some things to get her the feel of allowing the ball to get deeper. She was way more consistent this past weekend with hard barrel contact. She’s certainly a different “style” of fastpitch hitter. I coach her team (wife didn’t come this weekend) but got a parent to get some video. This was an inside pitch

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
2022-0620-1-0.00.00.00.png

Having the bat head at the yellow line (55-60 deg at toe touch) would greatly improve her leverage on the bat. You want to enable some gravity, not have to push the bat uphill to vertical.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017
Decided to start a different thread for my dd. Her other vids are in the “keeping the front should down” thread in the technical forum. She’s always been an “out front” hitter. We have done some things to get her the feel of allowing the ball to get deeper. She was way more consistent this past weekend with hard barrel contact. She’s certainly a different “style” of fastpitch hitter. I coach her team (wife didn’t come this weekend) but got a parent to get some video. This was an inside pitch

Good Job!

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali

Can you elaborate? What was good and what wasn’t so good if anything? Pretty deep contact on this swing. Wow.

Aug 20, 2017
Can you elaborate? What was good and what wasn’t so good if anything? Pretty deep contact on this swing. Wow.
Obviously some good, some bad.
The Bad: hit a few balls off the hands that she should have smoked. Resulted in pop outs to SS. Happened (I’m guessing) about 4 times in 15 ABs. Struck out 1 time.
The Good: Besides those pop outs off the hands, every AB I can remember was hard barrel contact. She hit a couple balls harder than I’ve ever seen her hit. Roped a few line outs to SS and CF. Hit a couple triples vs decent competition.

Aug 20, 2017
Looks like her front foot is out of the box at contact.
Fields we played on were terrible. On this particular field the pitching distance was roughly 45ft. We will not play at this place ever again. If the box was drawn to appropriate dimensions (4 ft in front and 3 ft in back) she would still be in it. One big difference this weekend was her stride length. It looks to have shortened up some from school ball.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Obviously some good, some bad.
The Bad: hit a few balls off the hands that she should have smoked. Resulted in pop outs to SS. Happened (I’m guessing) about 4 times in 15 ABs. Struck out 1 time.
The Good: Besides those pop outs off the hands, every AB I can remember was hard barrel contact. She hit a couple balls harder than I’ve ever seen her hit. Roped a few line outs to SS and CF. Hit a couple triples vs decent competition.

Did the old issues go away? No more out front rollovers etc? Staying back better for off speed? You can hit both ways, deep and out front. I think you practice more deep stuff to be more clutch/contact driven and of course out front w good anticipation or sitting pitches in good counts. Just my .02 good job CB.

Aug 20, 2017
Did the old issues go away? No more out front rollovers etc? Staying back better for off speed? You can hit both ways, deep and out front. I think you practice more deep stuff to be more clutch/contact driven and of course out front w good anticipation or sitting pitches in good counts. Just my .02 good job CB.
Yes on old issues. No out front roll overs. Been hammering that que of line drives at the second baseman. That’s helped with timing but I think it also caused her hands to want to go out over the plate more. Moved her back off plate about 6 inches and boom

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Yes on old issues. No out front roll overs. Been hammering that que of line drives at the second baseman. That’s helped with timing but I think it also caused her hands to want to go out over the plate more. Moved her back off plate about 6 inches and boom

Nice. Created a bit more space. I would learn a more core driven launch as well as sequence the launch a bit tighter. Should get you more IR of the front hip for more space. Or keep doing what you’re doing as long as she can cover the outside zone still.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478