14U Swing Thoughts/Suggestions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2021
Thank you, guys. There is a lot of good information here. I will try to break it down and work with her on it. I got a video tonight, but with all this information, we will work on it and then report back. Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
This is related to the swing of the OP dd.

Yep, sounds like roll over is linked to abaf.

knzdEtX.gif

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Many ground balls to the pull side are because of the wrists rolling over prior to contact.

Just saw this and it may help.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
W=W and TDS, any chance you would explain in more detail, what you mean with everything you just said?
Mike, the load and energy is primarily generated in the frontal plane which is from the catcher towards the pitcher. IOW's power is generated as the weight transfers across the pelvis from the back side (rear leg/hip) into and against the front leg vs the energy being transferred from the middle against the the hips.

pnweHYU.png

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Mike, the load and energy is primarily generated in the frontal plane which is from the catcher towards the pitcher. IOW's power is generated as the weight transfers across the pelvis from the back side (rear leg/hip) into and against the front leg vs the energy being transferred from the middle against the the hips.

pnweHYU.png

Not a perfect example but you can see the all back all forward (abaf) on the left causing roll over, while the hitter on the right is more swinging "down to" against the hips.

Against the hips.

9g62ozt.gif

U4wNmhw.png

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
@Fury_Mike this young lady has early extension. Usually from powering or initiating the swing w her body. It can happen from different causes. Some use the hands to late others don’t create enough flexion of the body at set up or first move . Or it could be sequencing. I can’t pin-point exactly what the cause is, I’m not in her brain, but I see the flaw. The only clue really given was ‘too many ground balls’ which tells me it’s a path issue which still isn’t quite enough info to know for sure.

The Twitter clip I posted is using the body instead of the hands to initiate the swing. Are you looking for cause and effect? To me the lack of posture makes her ‘rotate’ and drag around. It could be sequencing the hands late which also causes early extension and drag. But it could also be that flexion(posture) isn’t available so she rotates parallel to the ground to create force. I gave two examples to try to get things going in the right direction.

The advice I gave first was the easiest to install to see if she could create a better pattern wo thinking too much.

Reactions: TDS

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802