14U Swing Thoughts/Suggestions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I don't understand what you mean by 'hands are controlling the launch'. The hands hold onto the bat and are along for the ride. Are you talking about intent? Like saying your body will react to getting the hands where they need to be? Or something like that?

The kinematic rotational sequence is not what I’m talking about. I’m talking kinetically. Or the peak speed order of operations.

Edit: I’m trying to get away from ‘effect’ and trying to state the ‘cause’.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The body organization to support the hands.

You’re not waiting for link to link. The entire body’s spirals are connected.

Kinetically no. Kinematically kinda. I do want front foot engagement so the hands have something to leverage against. I’ve seen pro swings where it starts earlier than front toe down. There’s other pieces involved for sure.. but it depends on the pitch being hit. I don’t know about spirals but everything affects everything for sure.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
This to me this is active lead arm adduction created by the forward sequential coil and the need to throw the head via the top hand. The lead arm shouldn’t lose depth until the back arm/hand moves it and the torso.

1676416151220.gif

Notice some back side action before the foot is down.. here we go! 😆

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The top hand/arm opens the hips. If lead arm adduction is intact. Aka ‘move from the middle’. 😑

1676419342911.gif
Aka turn the barrel 🙄

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Kinetically no. Kinematically kinda. I do want front foot engagement so the hands have something to leverage against. I’ve seen pro swings where it starts earlier than front toe down. There’s other pieces involved for sure.. but it depends on the pitch being hit. I don’t know about spirals but everything affects everything for sure.
Spirals are in nature, us and our Galaxy is a spiral Galaxy. They run the length of our bodies from feet to connecting with the arms. Think 3D, it’s one thing.

FE391E90-AD7E-41EE-A47A-158E6EEE82C2.jpeg

2B0F9953-EEA8-49EA-8E7E-11E161BEE67A.jpeg

Spirals are a building block. Goata teaches spirals. HLP is using the spirals. Goata and HLP are the same.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Information overload here. I would just recommend finding a good instructor for about a couple weeks and let them do work...otherwise you may end up overthinking the whole situation trying to implement 10 different things. Start with the basics and work out.

It can get overwhelming.. especially when starting out. But all I’ve really been talking about this entire thread is posture. top hand and lead arm functions w sequence intermingled. Those need to be understood to maintain decent mechanics imo.

Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
It can get overwhelming.. especially when starting out. But all I’ve really been talking about this entire thread is posture. top hand and lead arm functions w sequence intermingled. Those need to be understood to maintain decent mechanics imo.
Just speaking to the fact I cringe when posts like this hit...within minutes you'll see 30 different opinions on what to fix.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee