11yo Hitting Analysis

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
The point I was making is that her swing sequence affects her being able to time the ball and also struggle with velocity. Hence ground out and pop ups. She is trying to adjust and catch up, but is limited because of the off sequence. 🤷‍♂️
Ok. Obviously I don't have a clue considering my kid's swing..I will delete my comment. My bad.

Oct 2, 2017
When you say create a corner, can you elaborate on that?
I will say some believe in a "corner" in hitting, some don't. A simple search for corner in the search function you can read a bunch about it. Whether or not you creat it or it's a result of other things depends on how one views the swing pattern.

This is the basic teaching of what most mean when they say corner.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
When you say create a corner, can you elaborate on that?
Yes, creating the corner happens in hip/femur. If done correctly it bottoms out with only about 10 degrees of action.

D86FAEBE-4C63-4BBF-9331-19B68A547B19.gif

The corner is maintained during the stretch.

If you coil correctly while creating the corner the entire back leg feels loaded/twisted. Again very little actual movement.

May 19, 2021
Indiana
Yes, creating the corner happens in hip/femur. If done correctly it bottoms out with only about 10 degrees of action.

View attachment 25495

The corner is maintained during the stretch.

If you coil correctly while creating the corner the entire back leg feels loaded/twisted. Again very little actual movement.
Thank you for clarifying. I understand the concept now.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Creating the corner and maintaining the corner during the stride/stretch, look at the crease in the back hip/leg. You can see the crease in the pants where the corner is created.

Watch how the back leg turns as the hips remain closed. The back leg turns the hips open. Easy to easy in this clip.

6F7D3327-FB12-4C74-9764-6FAB1906A9D6.gif

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
2022-0505-1-0.00.00.00.png

This was the swing where she hit a double. It's not good.

Her swing is in the final 'contact' stage, but:
1. bat head (red) is not ahead of the hands (green) where it should be.
2. The ball (yellow) hasn't reached her yet.
3. She has already pushed both biceps (blue) away from the torso.

So, the only balls she is going to hit hard are going to left field.

Three upstream things are/maybe causing this result.
1. Is she practicing with the tee too far forward? It should be at the ball of the front foot after stride.
2. As noted previously, she is swinging before her front foot lands. Her rear forearm must be flat at toe touch.
3. She is striding/reaching with her front leg vs the back. Notice her knees are almost touching here. Work on striding with the back leg (keep the heel down as long as you can hold it) and landing on a very bent front knee.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee