10U Swing Help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
And eFastball, that's funny(not really) because I have actually taught her to put her bat like that, I saw somewhere, or heard that it will make it much quicker to bring it around since it is already flat. So quicker and easier to get on the plane of the pitch. But with all the places these tips are taking me I can see it's more of an arc...
Make sure you look at HL swings before making any changes (suggested or otherwise) to make sure they match up with what you see...and for the love of God fix the leveling (inside joke....):rolleyes:

Reactions: TDS

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Make sure you look at HL swings before making any changes (suggested or otherwise) to make sure they match up with what you see...and for the love of God fix the leveling (inside joke....):rolleyes:

Yes, the movement pattern Shawn is pushing works but not what the best in the game are doing.. "Swing is the shift" shift is the slowest movement of the swing so I would focus on getting the shift out of the way before starting the swing. This is what slows the ball down for hitters.

Jun 8, 2016
Yes, the movement pattern Shawn is pushing works but not what the best in the game are doing.. "Swing is the shift" shift is the slowest movement of the swing so I would focus on getting the shift out of the way before starting the swing.
I see what you did there…😂

• Haha
Reactions: TDS
Aug 20, 2017
This is really helpful guys. I have researched a lot of this stuff and see drill after drill but never am quite sure of myself. I am glad I finally put this video up to get some insight. I will continue to work with her on this stuff. Shawn, the clips in the link you posted are great we will be working through those this weekend. BiSkyHi I like the Antonelli video, it sums it up nicely, now just to implement that!

And eFastball, that's funny(not really) because I have actually taught her to put her bat like that, I saw somewhere, or heard that it will make it much quicker to bring it around since it is already flat. So quicker and easier to get on the plane of the pitch. But with all the places these tips are taking me I can see it's more of an arc...
Flatter is longer and more around

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
This is really helpful guys. I have researched a lot of this stuff and see drill after drill but never am quite sure of myself. I am glad I finally put this video up to get some insight. I will continue to work with her on this stuff. Shawn, the clips in the link you posted are great we will be working through those this weekend. BiSkyHi I like the Antonelli video, it sums it up nicely, now just to implement that!

Remember she is 10u. We can see what is wrong, fixing the hands will help.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Yes, the movement pattern Shawn is pushing works but not what the best in the game are doing.. "Swing is the shift" shift is the slowest movement of the swing so I would focus on getting the shift out of the way before starting the swing. This is what slows the ball down for hitters.

What do you mean by getting the shift out the way?

In the load there is forward movement. Hitters are always working forward. Although they are still back while going forward.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Always working forward.

17F55A79-4C18-4AA4-9EEF-96C251AABB5B.gif

Not rushing forward, not jumping at the pitch. Just hanging out as he is one legged.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom