10U Rec League - 3 outs vs bat 10 rules

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 6, 2015
never seen the entire order gets to bat beyond tball.

we always did a run limit in coach pitch (8u).

maybe, if the league is going to batt order every inning, do not count runs after 3 outs? gotta reward defense, otherwise some idiot coaches will not put any time into teaching it, just working on hitting, and put their biggest hitter last (to hopefully leave no one on base, this becomes the only way to outscore your opponent).

Jul 27, 2020
In our league it’s 3 outs or 5 runs and never heard of 10 batters for 10u.

I imagine some of the girls may be moving up to the next level and they need to be prepared for 3 outs. I do understand the next level there is no 5 run max rule or 10 batter max in this case but the girls need to understand what happens at the next level. It’s tough to see girls moving up and don’t know certain fundamental/basic rules.

Lower level would be every batter gets an at bat but that is more instructional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 2, 2019
Growing up we did 5-6yo was t-ball, 8-10yo was the youngest division of kid pitch. In both it was 3 outs, or 9 batter limit. Back then the whole roster wasn't in the batting order. The run limit makes more sense, as you could score between 4 and 9 with our batter limit.

It is my opinion that the league should state the rules for all games prior to the season. We did a rec season once where every game was played by different rules. They went from 10U/12U to 3rd and 4th grade/5th and 6th grade. They couldn't decide to play by 10U or 12U rules in the 5th&6th grade division. We never knew where the mound would be, or what ball we would use. One game our girls pitched an 11" and they pitched a 12". Some games we had a dropped 3rd, sometimes not. SOme games only one base advance on overthrow, the next game they could run wild. THe umps didn't even know the rule set we were supposed to play under. Very confusing, and it was a frustrating experience. I would have rather played under a rule set I preferred the least every time, than to play by a favorable one on Monday, and a different one on Wednesday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802