10U pitching evaluation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Thank you for the suggestion and kind word.

But seriously, our team defense is great. More than half of her team are 9 years old, which include two of the outfielders. For any 10U team, anything reaches grass in air is bomb. If it is not within two feet, it is unfieldable. They tried hard. For those hit behind them, they got there quickly and limited damage. we played last weekend and got bombed by another team. But we only lost 1:3. DD only strike out 1 batter. All defense works.

I felt DD is the one who didn't put into enough effort. She didn't back up at home when she should. Our catcher backed up throw from outfield when she should be the one to back it up.

Probably 3mph sounds like a small number. But it really makes difference in 10U games. But, I got it. I should get over it and stop concentrating on what she doesn't have. Let her have fun.

We all played 10U. Mostly on good teams and mostly very recently.

When we say 3mph doesn't really make a difference, we're sharing our experience from having gone through this before. Hit a corner, change speed. Way, way, way more important than 3mph faster. Fastballs over the middle of the plate get hit.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28