10U less than six months live pitching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2021
You can have a focus on the future and be good at 10U.

I did not read any that way. You can limit a pitch count and focus on improving first and still be really good 10U.
The girl the coach sends out for her 4th game of the weekend, would be just as good only pitching 2.
When I said according to a lot of posts on here I didn’t mean this thread I was referring to DFP in general.

Jan 25, 2022
I wouldn't have her throw anything but a fastball until she's well past 60% strikes. If she can't get one in the zone more than 40-50% right now, there's no reason to presume she can spot a pitch. The effective strike zone (considering ball width) is over two feet wide and however tall the hitter's height determines. That's her first "spot."

You also need to factor-in that a significant number of strikes are just balls that an inexperienced or greedy hitter took a swing at. My kid stayed in the high 60's % most of last year (including the bad swings) and I didn't even consider working on spots. We barely fooled with a change-up. A change-up needs to be accurate as well. If you're only hitting 60% (or 40-50 in your kid's case) with a fastball, then add complexity to the motion for the change-up, it only stands to reason that the accuracy will likely drop.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812