10u DD has gone 15 innings without pitching a walk

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 28, 2019
My daughter has never been the no. 1 pitcher on the team until this last fall season (rec), now she's clearly the no.1 pitcher in the league. She's been working a lot. Her last game was this last Saturday, the championship game. She pitched 5 innings, we unfortunately lost, our infield just wasn't making plays. The other team was stacked, everyone but maybe 3 girls were all star level, so I don't think the teams ended up very fair, but we gave them a run for their money.

Afterwards I noticed my daughter hasn't walked a girl in 15 innings. She pitched 75% strikes that game and we were trying to pitch to the corners. Here's my favorite play from the game:

She was hitting her spots and still played her position. She's still pitching fairly slow, hoping the speed will come eventually, but she's doing great with what she's got right now. Anyways just a shameless brag!
time to abandon rec with the quickness and maybe she'll have a defense behind her.

Oct 4, 2018
time to abandon rec with the quickness and maybe she'll have a defense behind her.

Yup, sounds about the time many leave rec for travel. It will be good for her.

Also, that strike % might come down some in travel as the girls won't be swinging at balls as much. That happened to us.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rathouse