07 moving to Atlanta area in May

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 18, 2016
Looking to start getting familiar with what is going on in Georgia. We're coming from Arizona. DD is an 07 righthanded catcher/3rd and has spent the last fall this spring playing SS, lefty leadoff hitter.

We will be living in Snellville but are use to driving 40 minutes for practice.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

Jul 31, 2015
What information are you looking for?
Names of nearby teams? Tryout dates? Teams that are looking for pickup players?
Summer rosters are usually well-set by May for most TB teams, even 14U.

Oct 4, 2018
You want to become familiar with Georgia Coaches Corner.

It's practically a one-stop shop for teams, try-outs, pick-ups, etc. You can be picking up with a team the day after your plane lands if you want. You could probably even find a team to join for the remainder of the Spring/Summer season pretty easily if that's your goal.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018
You want to become familiar with Georgia Coaches Corner.

It's practically a one-stop shop for teams, try-outs, pick-ups, etc. You can be picking up with a team the day after your plane lands if you want.

One of my DD's is an '07 so I'm happy to offer advice on the teams you're considering. We're in 14B so that's the world I know best. Plenty of teams in and around Snellville. Quite a few in Buford, GA if you want to google that.

Sep 18, 2016
I think picking up is what I'd want her to do that way we can feel out the teams. She wants to play in college and I want make sure she gets on the right track out there. We work hard on our own too but we're moving to a new area coming in totally blind. She's already had one bad experience with a coach who made her want to quit playing and I want to avoid that happening again if possible.

Oct 4, 2018
I think picking up is what I'd want her to do that way we can feel out the teams. She wants to play in college and I want make sure she gets on the right track out there. We work hard on our own too but we're moving to a new area coming in totally blind. She's already had one bad experience with a coach who made her want to quit playing and I want to avoid that happening again if possible.

You still here? What team did y'all pick?

Sep 18, 2016
She's playing with a team out of Buford 07 b level. Accidentally picked up with a 16/18u a team in first weekend and it scared her... Lol

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Oct 4, 2018
Excellent. Lots of softball talent in Buford. We're with Georgia Fire 07 - Barcia. May see you someday.

Sep 18, 2016
She with Outlawz 07 #17 I'm sure we will I remember seeing them in the summer.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Sep 18, 2016
Looks like our girls are playing the same showcase this weekend, if schedules permit do you think we can sit down together so I can pick your brain about GA softball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802