“The New Bats Are So Fragile”

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 21, 2018
If you want a durable bat, buy an aluminum one. Problem solved. Otherwise understand that today’s bats are built for performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we all can agree on that, but there is a line where durability becomes an issue. If bats are breaking almost immediately there is a problem somewhere. I'm just trying to figure out why some people (me/DD) have so many problems and others (college girls, Eric F's daughter etc.), who hit the sh*t out of the ball, don't have hardly any.

Plus I enjoy beating a dead horse....

Apr 28, 2014
Getting ready to post up an Orange Legit on Ebay. This bat is in good condition! 33"er

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018
I think we all can agree on that, but there is a line where durability becomes an issue. If bats are breaking almost immediately there is a problem somewhere. I'm just trying to figure out why some people (me/DD) have so many problems and others (college girls, Eric F's daughter etc.), who hit the sh*t out of the ball, don't have hardly any.

Another theory I've heard is that when younger girls hit the double-barrel Ghost Advanced the outer barrel doesn't make contact with the inner barrel, and thus takes more of a beating. When a big girl hits it the outer barrel contacts the inner barrel and it cushions it in effect and keeps the bat from breaking as soon.

Butt who nose?

Aug 8, 2016

Do a few front toss sessions with a wood bat. You will find out right away where the issue lies (if the swing is the problem). My daughter didn't believe that her contact points on the bat were really bad and the wood bat didn't even last a full session before it was broken.

This is also a wonderful tool for proving an expensive point: https://camwoodbats.com/collections/softball/products/sweet-spot-bat

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Another theory I've heard is that when younger girls hit the double-barrel Ghost Advanced the outer barrel doesn't make contact with the inner barrel, and thus takes more of a beating. When a big girl hits it the outer barrel contacts the inner barrel and it cushions it in effect and keeps the bat from breaking as soon.

Butt who nose?

Negative :)

Oct 5, 2018
Getting ready to post up an Orange Legit on Ebay.

Man I'll be bummed if that pulls in 289, I listed mine here for 40, with a new grip, ended up giving it away...still got a couple for sale (shameless ad)...

Apr 28, 2014
Man I'll be bummed if that pulls in 289, I listed mine here for 40, with a new grip, ended up giving it away...still got a couple for sale (shameless ad)...

Never know. 33"er are hard to find. See many 31s but not many 33s.

Dec 5, 2017

There's your problem, these bats aren't made to beat horses! Unless the temps are above 55.

osagedr

Canadian Fastpitch Dad
Oct 20, 2016
DD breaks several LXTs per season; treats her bat like absolute gold but does a lot of reps and has an exit velo pushing 80. I completely accept the fact that I will spend probably $1500/year on bats, once replacements are factored in. It's a small part of my $25K annual softball cost.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812