Worst Loss?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 28, 2015
35-0 after 2 1/3 innings and my forfeiting the game once time was called and need to finish the inning.
It was first year 10u fall ball with an early morning pool game at 38 degrees. The pitchers were freezing and the umpire started with a tight zone and stuck with it.

I still don’t understand why their coach made zero adjustments to help get the game moving thru the required 3 innings. I wasn’t happy about it but after 24 points given up in the first inning I was just trying to find some humor in the situation by the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 4, 2018
10u championship game and we are in International Tie Breaker. Score is tied with a runner on 3rd and 1 out. The other team is up to bat and they bunt, the pitcher and 3rd baseman go to field the ball to make a play at home. 3rd baseman fields the ball, attempts to throw the ball to home but hits the pitcher in the back of the head. Game over we lose.

I am sure I will end up being part of bigger losses that this as the girls age up.

May 27, 2013
My worst loss was when I was pitching in high school - County semi-finals (equivalent to Districts). We were assumed to be knocked out early but we just kept winning. This game made it to 10 innings. Due to rain outs and having to get these games in I had already pitched 3 days in the week and had to pitch this game. I was beat but we had no one else. Well, it was bases loaded and I walked in the winning run. It was terrible and I was devastated and collapsed on the mound in tears. What happened next though was the most memorable. Both my teammates and the opposing team came out to the mound, hugged me, and started clapping for me. I will always remember that part of it more than I remember the loss.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
My worst loss was when I was pitching in high school - County semi-finals (equivalent to Districts). We were assumed to be knocked out early but we just kept winning. This game made it to 10 innings. Due to rain outs and having to get these games in I had already pitched 3 days in the week and had to pitch this game. I was beat but we had no one else. Well, it was bases loaded and I walked in the winning run. It was terrible and I was devastated and collapsed on the mound in tears. What happened next though was the most memorable. Both my teammates and the opposing team came out to the mound, hugged me, and started clapping for me. I will always remember that part of it more than I remember the loss.

That's the worst loss? It almost sounds like the best loss. Great story. :)

May 27, 2013
Well, to me it was the worst because I felt like I let my team down. It’s all good though. ��

Mar 13, 2010
So had my next final. Went into final dig up 5 and it happened again. Errors (there were 6 outs in that inning) BUT we stopped them at 4. So onto GF and me being a basket case

May 20, 2016
This past fall my DD was playing an indoor tourny. They go over the boundaries of what is fair/foul/HR ect at the beginning of the game.

We are down 7-5 in the last inning with runners on first and second 2 outs. My DD get's up and hits a home run. Clearly well over the line that needed to be hit on the back wall of the field. Girls on base were flipping because we were going to win on a walk off home run. Well, turns out the umpire didn't watch where the ball went, or much of anything for that matter. So while all the girls were doing their home run trot around the bases opposing teams center fielder picks up the ball, throws it home, and catcher tags the girl who was on first when the home run was hit. Called out, game over.

Coach lost his mind, other coaches that had nothing to do with the game went to the umpire and told him it was a home run by a long shot. He shook it off, kept is call, and walked off the field.

Was the first home run my DD ever hit and i still tease her about it that it wasn't really a home run. :)

Jul 5, 2016
The trick is to remember the great wins when every part of the team was working and try to forget the tough losses where everything was great until the wheels fell off the bus. I'm still working on this trick.

Consider the WCSWS. 7 teams out of 8 go home disappointed and every year there are some mistakes that must be hard to shake off.

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
This past fall my DD was playing an indoor tourny. They go over the boundaries of what is fair/foul/HR ect at the beginning of the game.

We are down 7-5 in the last inning with runners on first and second 2 outs. My DD get's up and hits a home run. Clearly well over the line that needed to be hit on the back wall of the field. Girls on base were flipping because we were going to win on a walk off home run. Well, turns out the umpire didn't watch where the ball went, or much of anything for that matter. So while all the girls were doing their home run trot around the bases opposing teams center fielder picks up the ball, throws it home, and catcher tags the girl who was on first when the home run was hit. Called out, game over.

Coach lost his mind, other coaches that had nothing to do with the game went to the umpire and told him it was a home run by a long shot. He shook it off, kept is call, and walked off the field.

Was the first home run my DD ever hit and i still tease her about it that it wasn't really a home run. :)

Ouch!....:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802