Wilson Pro Stock V. Wilson Shock FX 2

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 19, 2016
Texas
My DD's Wilson Shock FX 2 grill snapped in two at some point, and we were given a "like replacement" voucher to spend at Wilson. We ordered the Pro Stock baseball catcher's mask, and I thought I'd share some side by sides.

20170725_232711.jpg

The Pro Stock helmet shell is very similar in profile to the Shock, but it looks a bit narrower. The grill is lighter, and seems to offer a good field of vision.

20170725_232731.jpg

The Shock is behind the Pro Stock here to show that the side profiles look very similar.

My DD likes the new Pro Stock helmet (whew). It doesn't have the shock absorbers obviously, so that's a minus, but it is lighter. I got 2 lbs. 2.3 oz. on the Pro Stock V. 2 lbs. 9.9 oz. on the Shock which is nearly a half pound weigh difference(7.6 oz).

These are both the small-med sized helmet.

I just thought I'd share.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
I think all catching helmets should have some sort of actually shock dispersing system for the mask. I dont know if the Wilson system actually worked based off taking it apart and seeing that it was still hard mounted in the middle. But I like the concept.

I ordered 4 differ helmets for my DD to try and sent them all back and we are making the current shock fx work for now. They either didn't fit (Rawlings, Mizuno, and under armor) or in the case of the schutte, it was super heavy. Fit great and offered great protection but the dang mask was very heavy.

Thanks for the update.

We also ordered a bunch of helmets prior to the start of the 2016 fall season, and DD liked the Shock FX best. It had the best fit & feel, especially with the adjustable leather chin pad. The shock absorbers for reduced concussion risk made me happy. It's still in great shape after a long season, but I wish they'd get their tails in gear and come out with a new version.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12