Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 21, 2014
condition it a little and you will want to put something around it to hold it tight. The pressure on the leather is what will help it form correctly. I would put a 12" ball just lower than the pocket and a small wiffle ball at the top and then strap it closed. The neoprene wraps are great for this.

Also, the padding in these is so thick that it can be the padding and not the leather. We have taken one apart and ironed the padding so it would feel more broken in. Worked like a champ.

NBECoach

Learning everyday
Aug 9, 2018
looking for opinions on a new catchers mitt. 12 yr old has used a first base mitt to catch up until now, speeds are increasing and needs more padding. can't decide on what mitt to go with. biggest concern is balls popping out. looking for a mitt that has deep pocket. have looked online at all-star cmw4000 , rawlings liberty, and wilson a2000. there is no stores in my general area that carries more than a couple of mitts(usually not what im looking for) would really like her to try on to get a feel of what she likes. she wants to go with a 34" but from what i read there is not much difference between the 33" and 34" any advice and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Akadema Praying Mantis Series: APM66 - Just a suggestion but we have had positive results with Akadema gloves through the years. Durable and functional.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2