What are the blackout/green dates for D1 recruiting?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 16, 2013
Someone had a jpg posted before of the dates D1 coaches can go to showcases and watch games. My DD is targeting a few schools so I'd like to have those dates before she makes fresh contact about her spring schedule.

Apr 16, 2013
Thanks! Now I'm even more confused... :) My DD is a sophmore, Will be a Junior come fall. I thought coaches could contact her starting Sept 1st. They didn't really give any good explanation of all those periods. I'm assuming the "evaluation period", dark blue, is when they can come to travel games?

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
DD can email the coaches everyday of the year and they can read those emails everyday of the year. If her schedule is ready to email, do it. And do it often. Send videos too.

And yes, Dark blue dates are the only dates D1 coaches can attend showcases, tourneys, etc. But you can visit the campus outside of the dates. Coaches can respond, contact to PSA's started Sept of their Junior year.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
What is a contact period? During a contact period a college coach may have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents, watch student-athletes compete and visit their high schools, and write or telephone student-athletes or their parents.

Don't wrapped around the axle about all of this. Your TB college liaison/coach can help you with this. If the coach wants to talk to your DD or you, you will know. The coach will also tell you whether or not they can talk to her. During a tourney, they can talk after their last game of the day. Focus on what is controllable. Emails, phone calls (mostly voice mails), attending on campus camps, etc. It will feel like a one way conversation for several years and you will question your sanity. If you are in sales, it will make perfect sense. Don't take any of the non responses personally. Get on campus ASAP and get DD in that coaches face, letting them know DD is all in!

Last edited: