What are parents thinking.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
I assume the movie is good? Funny?

Would it make for a good viewing event for the entire team, or would girls not really like it? Would some parents be offended?

Maybe just a coach's viewing party?

Jun 12, 2015

Would it make for a good viewing event for the entire team, or would girls not really like it? Would some parents be offended?

I think it's hilarious. I watched it with my kids today (again). There's a little language in it. I remember an F bomb, towards the end. So unless it's older girls probably not a good team event. My kids think it's funny though (they're 12 and 15). They can identify adults they know in all the parents in the movie.

Oct 4, 2018
Watched it last night. Was pleasantly surprised to see it was the cast from Best of Show and those similar parody movies.

I enjoyed it, but I feel they missed out on a few opportunities for it to be better. But certainly some funny stuff.

Parent with expensive bat
Rec coach who doesn't alternate players
Parents who think their kid is the best
Coach re-thinking the line-up for 10U girls on his couch at home

Thank you all for the recommendation. Good watch.

Oct 2, 2017
Watched it last night. Was pleasantly surprised to see it was the cast from Best of Show and those similar parody movies.

I enjoyed it, but I feel they missed out on a few opportunities for it to be better. But certainly some funny stuff.

Parent with expensive bat
Rec coach who doesn't alternate players
Parents who think their kid is the best
Coach re-thinking the line-up for 10U girls on his couch at home

Thank you all for the recommendation. Good watch.

I watched it too. I thought it was pretty funny!

Jul 14, 2018

The kids definitely get it. There was a field day team at DD's school last year that called themselves the Hairy Ketchup Bottles. They had the shirts and everything. Good stuff.

(I'm absolutely the Richard Kind stat-dad, BTW).

Aug 13, 2018
Don't forget the parent complaining about playing time, who never brings her kid to practice. IIRC, she has flute at the same time. lol It's a great movie, perhaps a bit too close to reality for comfort sometimes.

I have that girl on my team. I should make her mom watch this movie, but the irony would be lost on her.

I watched this at the beginning of this year and thought it was hysterical. A buddy of mine watched with me and he's not involved in youth sports (doesn't even have kids) so he thought it was amusing but not as funny as I did.

Jun 12, 2015
I have that girl on my team. I should make her mom watch this movie, but the irony would be lost on her.

I watched this at the beginning of this year and thought it was hysterical. A buddy of mine watched with me and he's not involved in youth sports (doesn't even have kids) so he thought it was amusing but not as funny as I did.

We have more than one. Miss more practice than anyone, usually late, show very little effort at practice, late to tournaments and walking casually from the parking lot as if they're 20 minutes early... "Why does MY kid sit?! Must be daddy ball!" lol

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Parents are people. Some people are stupid.

No reason to label this stupid person as a 'parent'.

Aug 13, 2018
We have more than one. Miss more practice than anyone, usually late, show very little effort at practice, late to tournaments and walking casually from the parking lot as if they're 20 minutes early... "Why does MY kid sit?! Must be daddy ball!" lol

Heard from the stands in my last game from my one player's mother that "coach needs to put someone taller on first base." She said it at least twice in the stands, making sure she was loud enough I could hear. Shocker, her girl is one of the taller on the team. I'd prefer to NOT put the girl I had on 1B there, because she is short, and she's my best middle infielder, but she also catches the ball more consistently than anyone else so she plays there about half the time (the other half the time I'm developing a tall lefty that needs some work, but shows promise.)

My Dad happened to be at the game last night and the second time she said it, he said back, "It's much more important that someone who can catch the ball is on 1st, you'll make more outs that way than with height." I laughed a little inside because the tall girl drops about half of the balls that hit her in the glove and anyone that has watched any of our games or practices can see that easily. Didn't hear from the mom again the rest of the evening.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
DD pitched all the time for a couple teams, parent who was also had P was always trying to help her. I asked her to leave DD alone, which they did. They started telling HC what DD should do,, cheater. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee