Well I guess one SEC team wont be making the WCWS

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
I didn't think they deserved a spot last season, but no matter what they do, they wont be in it this year... Missouri banned from post-season for 2019 in FB/BB/SB

https://fox4kc.com/2019/01/31/ncaa-...softball-postseason-ban-for-tutor-misconduct/

They don't name the players involved. In fact apart from the penalties, softball is barely mentioned.

Losing some scholarship money and some recruiting opportunities for a year will hurt a little bit but it basically a slap on the wrist.

panthadad2

fastpitch pops
Jun 27, 2017
I didn't think they deserved a spot last season, but no matter what they do, they wont be in it this year... Missouri banned from post-season for 2019 in FB/BB/SB

https://fox4kc.com/2019/01/31/ncaa-...softball-postseason-ban-for-tutor-misconduct/

They don't name the players involved. In fact apart from the penalties, softball is barely mentioned.

Losing some scholarship money and some recruiting opportunities for a year will hurt a little bit but it basically a slap on the wrist.

That definitely looks like a slap on the wrist. I've seen a program get hit for the same violation yet get hit a lot harder... mainly the firing of a successful coach coupled with a huge lawsuit to recoup pay (among other penalties like scholarships, post-season play, etc.). In contrast, the Mizzou football coach gets a raise and an extension. Gotta love the SEC.

Apr 20, 2015
That definitely looks like a slap on the wrist. I've seen a program get hit for the same violation yet get hit a lot harder... mainly the firing of a successful coach coupled with a huge lawsuit to recoup pay (among other penalties like scholarships, post-season play, etc.). In contrast, the Mizzou football coach gets a raise and an extension. Gotta love the SEC.
From what I understand this involved only 1 softball player that has since transferred from the program. Mizzou wasn't post season bound this year anyway unless it's a miracle but coach Anderson seems great and I hope it doesn't affect her recruiting too much.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jul 3, 2013

The current FB coach was not at Mizzou at the time of the violations. In fact, none of the coaches of the 3 affected teams were there.

panthadad2

fastpitch pops
Jun 27, 2017
The current FB coach was not at Mizzou at the time of the violations. In fact, none of the coaches of the 3 affected teams were there.

I stand corrected. The article reporter Stephanie Graflage doesn't mention that the coach wasn't there and inserts the coach's raise at the end for no reaon then...except to manufacture artificial outrage of course. How typical of our media.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
Honestly the whole thing stinks and shows how messed up the NCAA is. In Missouri's ruling the NCAA says it is more harsh than North Carolina got for academic fraud because UNC lawyered up and fought the charges and Mizzu cooperated with the investigation. UNC made up fake classes and had a secretary grade the work.

I think they just ended cooperation by any school by stating this.

Apr 20, 2015
Honestly the whole thing stinks and shows how messed up the NCAA is. In Missouri's ruling the NCAA says it is more harsh than North Carolina got for academic fraud because UNC lawyered up and fought the charges and Mizzu cooperated with the investigation. UNC made up fake classes and had a secretary grade the work.

I think they just ended cooperation by any school by stating this.
This just sucks. Penalties should be standard not arbitrary regardless of cooperation. Also why the teams were punished equally when they were not equally involved is ridiculous. The softball player in question is now happily playing for another program and isn't being punished at all, only kids and a coaching staff that had nothing to do with this.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28