Very Subjective Question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 15, 2017
Looking for a new bat for my dd. Currently has the blue ghost and loves the pop. But to me, it seems like the sweet spot is small. I know many of you have tried multiple bats so I wanted to ask what your opinions are for the bat with the largest sweet spot?

Thanks!!!

Jun 19, 2016
The longer the bat the larger the sweet spot. I think the -10 has a larger spot than the -11. As far as which bat has the largest I would probably say Demirini CF series because it has one of the longer barrels. With that said the Ghost has a plenty big sweet spot.

Apr 28, 2019
Looking for a new bat for my dd. Currently has the blue ghost and loves the pop. But to me, it seems like the sweet spot is small. I know many of you have tried multiple bats so I wanted to ask what your opinions are for the bat with the largest sweet spot?

Thanks!!!
We have the ASA Ghost as well. Either a rocket or a dud if you don’t square it up perfectly. I know exactly what your saying.
I prefer 17 & 18 LXT’s. Bigger sweet spot and more forgiving. 17-19 Xeno’s are very good as well.
Can’t speak to 19 LXT due to change in connection joint.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
2015 LXT. Biggest sweet spot and most pop. Kids who learn to hit with small sweet spots end up being better hitters though.

Sep 10, 2017
Southeast US
Slugger seems to make the most “forgiving” bats in my experience. My daughter favored DeMarinis over the years, but for the past year has gone over to a 2019 Xeno. Sge has a very successful HS season using the Xeno exclusively.
She struggled a little yesterday in our first travel tourney of the year (batted about .300 on the day), with a few hits right back to the pitcher, but also belted a double. She switched to her backup bat, a DeMarini Carbon Candy for one at bat, and got an absolute laser line drive to the fence.

I think sometimes we get too hung up on brand and perception, when a lot of times it’s the hitter themselves doing the work. There are bats out there that have inherent built-in advantages, but most of the big-name bats are at least “good.”

I’m like any other Dad, always looking for the perfect bat. It’s just about the kid finding THEIR perfect bat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 28, 2019
I agree. Sluggers are my 1st choice. Just love the sound on contact and consistency. Plenty of good bats out there. Ghost is a close 2nd.
It’s about good preparation and confidence. You gotta make the pitcher work and swing at good pitches.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
2015 LXT. Biggest sweet spot and most pop. Kids who learn to hit with small sweet spots end up being better hitters though.
Wish I would have bought ten 2015 33/23 LTX’s when they were blowing them out when the 2016 models were being released, heck I wish I would have bought ten of the 2016’s also! Both great bats!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Honestly, the bat with the biggest ss is the bat that fits your dd better and what she likes more.

Also why every single bat made in their description will say extended ss or bigger ss, its a good
way to try and sell. SS can only get so big while keeping the bat stable nowadays.

One person will say one ss is huge, another will say its not. SS is prob one of the biggest
personal feelings out there. If you dont hit a bat well, ss sucks...haha. You can have
a bat with smaller ss, and if you hit it well, its huge :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812