Travel Ball is Killing Rec Ball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Yessir, she chose Orange Lutheran, can't go where her brother goes

OLu is a powerful program - no doubt about it. I hope it's a good fit for your DD.

Unfortunately, OLu was not a good fit for the DD of a good friend, and she moved schools after the first semester of her freshman year.

J.Galt

Banned
Feb 8, 2019
OLu is a powerful program - no doubt about it. I hope it's a good fit for your DD.

Unfortunately, OLu was not a good fit for the DD of a good friend, and she moved schools after the first semester of her freshman year.

Her brother will be a senior at Bosco, our local public is Los Alamitos, she liked the school and coaches more at O Lu than Mater Dei

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Her brother will be a senior at Bosco, our local public is Los Alamitos, she liked the school and coaches more at O Lu than Mater Dei

The Los Al area is a hotbed of softball talent, for sure. As I said, I hope OLu is a good fit for your DD.

Mar 21, 2019
Rec ball so it don’t matter but hit her first HR tonight on a 4-4 day at the plate. I was proud of her.
4bb73e73ee4ce32819367cd70e96e97a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 3, 2016
Great job by your DD.
As long as kids have fun isn't that all that really matters. I know with all the posting about Rec ball here it shouldn't diminish the fun or achievements of any kid. I wish more kids played Softball period.

Plenty of kids do great and play for years and have FUN in Rec. Some do move to TB. TB has its share of issues for sure.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Mar 21, 2019
Great job by your DD.
As long as kids have fun isn't that all that really matters. I know with all the posting about Rec ball here it shouldn't diminish the fun or achievements of any kid. I wish more kids played Softball period.

Plenty of kids do great and play for years and have FUN in Rec. Some do move to TB. TB has its share of issues for sure.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Yup pure joy coming off the field to high five her coach. She always has fun cause she’s playing just gets frustrated at times behind the plate. Kids are doing better every game covering bags making plays has helped her hollering before every batter where runners are and who covers what. Threw a girl out at 3rd but ump missed the call. Oh well that’s how it goes.

76a585a867042ed3c5729e3d09565c01.jpg

Mar 21, 2019
A HR ALWAYS matters! Congrats to your DD!

Thanks i think so too. It was sarcasm to go with theme of how this thread has gone lol but she’s off to a great start through 4 games. Still has a perfect BA and OBP. Swinging it pretty good this year.

Apr 17, 2019
I'd like to say that at least in my area, travel ball is not killing rec softball. What is killing it in my area is many things. In my area there is prioritization in my organizations of baseball being more important than softball, one town in particular they have lost coaches and kids because baseball is king there, and it's hard for them to even get time to practice.

In our local rec ball league, it dies after 10u, we don't have enough to field many 12u teams. It is basically a good ole boys club up there with the coaches that have been in the league more than a year.. We only play up there for fun, they are supposed to split up girls that are travel ball players or all stars evenly, but for example my daughters team this year has 2, the other teams have 4 or 5 each. And then it is a big politics game up there, it's filled with drama, that's the reason we left and went to travel ball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802