Today I recorded my 400th game with the LynkSpyder

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2014
I picked up this gadget when DD was 11 years old and just causally getting into Softball. It was $50 and could be the best $50 I've spent on this sport. Yesterday I looked at my youtube channel and my external hard drive and realized that I had recorded 398 games.
Today I recorded 2 more.. that takes the total to 400.. In that time the mount has been hit by more than 20 foul balls... been dropped a few dozen times and left in the rain 20-30 times. A simple spray of T9 Boesheild on the rubber grommets every year or so and this thing is still like new. Someone asked me last year why I record all of the games... Take a look at my youtube channel and see why.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7uECyE7GWaJ7pW1_Xv-vsg?view_as=subscriber

Having your kids games on film is priceless. All of the great wins and heart breaking losses.. It's the story of your kid and needs to be recorded.
If you are not recording your kids games you're missing out!

Give the Lynkspyer a look, it's great!

Apr 28, 2014
How are you transferring them to YouTube in HD?

I use a free program called "Freemake". You can download it online.
It allows you to join the 10 minute clips, cut and edit the clips. Once that process is complete you can convert at whatever resolution you'd like.. nice as you can downgrade to 480.if you like.
The program is easy to use.

Jun 12, 2015
I love the Lynk Spyder. We're pretty sure our Fence Clip got stolen off the fence this weekend and while it sucks, my first thought was, "Thank goodness it wasn't my Lynk Spyder."

Edit: not stolen :D Another team thought it had been forgotten (a reasonable assumption, under the circumstances), saw my post, and let us know they have it. Yay. :)

Last edited:
May 6, 2015
apologies for the necropost, but thought BT3100 would be able to help.

just got my lynkspyder, and reclaimed my gopro knockoff from my DD. what placements do you suggest, I am planning on not connecting to it via wifi (chews battery pretty hard), so I need to be able to turn on off, adjust, etc. I was thinking about 10 degrees off centerline on backstop, probably as high as I can get it and still adjust and turn on/off (plan to turn off in between innings, both to save battery/memory, and to keep file sizes down).

Apr 28, 2014
apologies for the necropost, but thought BT3100 would be able to help.

just got my lynkspyder, and reclaimed my gopro knockoff from my DD. what placements do you suggest, I am planning on not connecting to it via wifi (chews battery pretty hard), so I need to be able to turn on off, adjust, etc. I was thinking about 10 degrees off centerline on backstop, probably as high as I can get it and still adjust and turn on/off (plan to turn off in between innings, both to save battery/memory, and to keep file sizes down).

Great question. We have landed on about 7 feet from the ground and about 3 feet to the right of blues back. Right facing him so you can see most pitches to right handed batters. Here is a game where the camera was placed right behind blue and took a few smacks that set it off a little but even after that it still captured most of the action.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
The higher the better. This helps several things: 1.) You see over people and more of the plate. 2.) When shooting at night, it takes the lights out of the equation.

But I recommend shooting behind one of the batters boxes and not dead center with an umpire. Ideally, the box opposite of the predominate hitter you are trying to record. This allows you to see across the plate and capture the impact zone.

And as for battery life, we highly recommend using an external battery source. This 20,000mAh battery will literally power the camera for a week and is inexpensive:
Amazon product ASIN B013QG7HAA
This bag is less than $10 and clips to the bottom slot of the LynkSpyder:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/AWP-23-cu-in-Ballistic-Nylon-Tool-Pouch/3399898

May 6, 2015
Thx, that is pretty much what I tried last night, have not viewed it yet, will try and post once I do. I was about as high as I could comfortably see screen to adjust angles, probably a foot or two outside lefty batter box, so i may try to bring it in more. got to play around more with adjusting it, still have some fence in two corners of my view, could not see to get rid of them.

I just have several batteries, I think 6 all told, probably enough for 8-10 hours of recording.

I am stopping and restarting every half inning to keep file sizes manageable, so I just check to see how depletedit is, if needed change it. Got about 4.5 inning last night (rec game) before I had to change battery, in tourney should be able to get entire game on single battery.

Apr 28, 2014
Thx, that is pretty much what I tried last night, have not viewed it yet, will try and post once I do. I was about as high as I could comfortably see screen to adjust angles, probably a foot or two outside lefty batter box, so i may try to bring it in more. got to play around more with adjusting it, still have some fence in two corners of my view, could not see to get rid of them.

I just have several batteries, I think 6 all told, probably enough for 8-10 hours of recording.

I am stopping and restarting every half inning to keep file sizes manageable, so I just check to see how depletedit is, if needed change it. Got about 4.5 inning last night (rec game) before I had to change battery, in tourney should be able to get entire game on single battery.

Just go with the external battery pack. No need to keep swapping out batteries. Makes life easier

May 6, 2015
the case for the camera does not have access to the charging port, and I really do not want to cut it. want to keep it waterproof, Dd also swims, gonna get video of her undeerwater for analysis this summer. I dont even take it down, case stays attached to lynkspyder, camera comes out, swap batts, back in case

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802