Tincher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Pitching instructors are like a box of chocolates...you never know what you are going to get, but Adrienne Chery at Today’s Faces in Buford, GA is very good.

Sep 19, 2018
So why are they having so much trouble with the 2 seam? Are there hands too small to get a good grip? Or are you guys getting so much movement that the ball is moving right out of the strike zone?

My 9 year old (almost 10 now) is short and I believe she has small hands as well. I don't believe I've noticed much difference in control when we moved to the 2 seam.
[MENTION=13344]gator5[/MENTION] my DD also gets crazy movement. Sometimes it drops straight down, or down and away, or just drifts away. And then of course, sometimes there is no movement at all.:( As they get more consistent in release that movement should be a whole lot less variable. I hope.

Jun 12, 2015
Pitching instructors are like a box of chocolates...you never know what you are going to get, but Adrienne Chery at Today’s Faces in Buford, GA is very good.

I feel like while that's certainly true, Tincher takes at least some of the mystery out of it since they teach certain specific things across the board.

Mar 6, 2018
we started with a certified instructor for 3 lessons. finally got in with Denny and man what an upgrade. Saw angela once but made effort to stick with denny. there's no substitute for us. everything starts with the glove block. also I've had no issues videoing during sessions.

Jun 15, 2019
Hello, new to the board.
Daughter just started seeing a Tincher pc recently, approx a month and 3-4 lessons, and she really enjoys the lessons. I don't know a ton about pitching, just some very basics.
One thing I've noticed and it's probably just correcting my daughter's form, but, I see a lot more ground balls these days then before.
Velocity is up as well.
After the first lesson we came out with the understanding that speed would go up, it did, but accuracy would go down in the short term, it did as well.
Needless to say, we are both fans.

Mar 6, 2018
Hello, new to the board.
Daughter just started seeing a Tincher pc recently, approx a month and 3-4 lessons, and she really enjoys the lessons. I don't know a ton about pitching, just some very basics.
One thing I've noticed and it's probably just correcting my daughter's form, but, I see a lot more ground balls these days then before.
Velocity is up as well.
After the first lesson we came out with the understanding that speed would go up, it did, but accuracy would go down in the short term, it did as well.
Needless to say, we are both fans.
Accuracy will come.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wes_K