Tight Traps

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 28, 2017
DD has very tight traps and gets knots sometimes around the shoulder blade. She stretches all the time and even does some yoga stuff. Everyone that checks her out says that her traps are unbelievable tight on both sides but she is very flexible. Take her for massages sometimes also for the knots and tightness. You would think she has been doing shrugs her entire life. Just turned 13. Any suggestions?

Nov 8, 2018
1. She has to relax when pitching. Watch her posture. Is she shrugging her shoulders in her motion? I’m sure she is a little.
2. Get out a tennis ball. Have her bend over perpendicular to an external corner wall and place it on her trap and push into the wall. Steady pressure. Have her move it around. Try to massage it this way often to break up the trap spasms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 28, 2017
1. She has to relax when pitching. Watch her posture. Is she shrugging her shoulders in her motion? I’m sure she is a little.
2. Get out a tennis ball. Have her bend over perpendicular to an external corner wall and place it on her trap and push into the wall. Steady pressure. Have her move it around. Try to massage it this way often to break up the trap spasms.

TY. She does shrug some pitching. Good form most of the time. Naturally so tight in the traps.

Nov 8, 2018
TY. She does shrug some pitching. Good form most of the time. Naturally so tight in the traps.

Either way the ball is a great way to get them looser. Best option anyway. Good luck. Lmk how it works

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wes_K