Solution for Chafing behind the Knees

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2010
Daughter has been catching with triple knee leg guards for a couple of years. This past weekend she caught 4 games and there are red strap marks behind the knees and one spot on left side worse. Googled and read that pants bunching can cause this, etc. Inspected her gear and I didn’t see anything out of the ordinary.

Any suggestions on cause, prevention and healing. She’s her teams only catcher... thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 6, 2015
are straps a little too tight? maybe try them a little looser, see if the guards still stay in place

Mar 1, 2016
First off, the team needs another catcher. 1 is NEVER enough.

Second, she needs to air it out, and you need to take her to a dermatologist. If it’s eczema like my DD has, only a steroid cream will knock it out. If it’s just a heat rash, then air it out and put a cold rag on it for relief.

TMD

Feb 18, 2016
May also help to make sure she is taking the pads off when her team is up to bat, even if she is not likely to bat that inning. Just taking the pressure off for even a few minutes every inning can make a big difference.

Jul 14, 2010
First off, the team needs another catcher. 1 is NEVER enough.

Agree! ...only 2 more tourneys left with this team if seniors who are very good but don’t want to play all summer. Then she will be playing for a team with more than 1 for the rest of the summer.

Thanks for all the great suggestions!

Jul 14, 2010
Update: this weekend she crossed the strap on left knee and was more comfortable uncrossed on the right. Bought a heal and protect balm that she applied between games. Caught 5 games and grateful next week she’ll be with a team with another catcher. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802