Question about emailing coaches your schedule

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2014
With using youtube, I send a customized video ONLY to that coach. So, I can see that it's been viewed and how many minutes, as in if they watched all of it. That says they opened the email and watched the video. :)

That's a good idea.
Captain U is good when we send DD's schedule out. We know who is coming.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Go to multiple camps at the same school. Unless your kid is a flat out beast 1 or 2 camps isn't going to demonstrate the commitment that they look for. DD just completed her 5th camp in the last 3 years at her dream school. They are now showing good interest in her. First 2-3 camps they were nice to her but no interest. Persistence.

Yes to all this.

DD has been to 2 camps at her dream school, will be at their next one, they have come to see her at all 3 tournaments they were at, DD follows the program, coaches and the even the coach's dog on social media, emails the coaches weekly, picks up the phone once a month, will be at all their pre-season games (they come down to our state for pre-season), will be doing an over-night and so on...

But also - DD has done the admissions tours at the school, knows her admissions contact/recruiter at the school, has met professors in her academic areas of interest (and emails them occasionally) and has tailored her academic course load and testing around their expectations. She even has talked to some alum of the school who live nearby. She also follows the school's social media feeds and can tie this into the softball stuff. FOr example, the weekend she is going for an overnight ties into some 'special' activities at the school which is why she asked if that was a good week (I.e. can we do the overnight on XXX date because I would love to be there to see --school event-- as well as interact with the softball program.

'Demonstrated Interest' is the term some colleges use - making it loud and clear this is where you want to be. Some say they take it into account - some say they don't (but do) - some truly don't. But it doesn't hurt (unless you go too insane with it).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coach101