Put A Little Swagger In Your Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Baseball legend Ted Williams once said that hitting a baseball is the hardest thing to do in sports. I think it’s safe to say that not only does that statement extend to fastpitch softball, but it may apply even more given that the actual time to read, react to, and hit a pitch is comparable, […]

More...

Dec 15, 2018
CT
Doc (at least in the movie) had so much confidence because he knew he was dying. He could be your huckleberry because, why not, he was on his way out anyway.

There’s definitely something to the Live Like You Were Dying mentality at the plate though. Swing like it’s your last at bat.

We teach the MVP approach to everything...memorize (mechanics), visualize (see it, see the swing see the line drive, in your head), personalize (put it into action) - totally stolen/borrowed from the Doyles. The visualize part has so much to do with their confidence in the approach. If you’ve already seen yourself do it, you believe you can.

Anyway, nice post.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
"It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds."

Another great line from the movie. IOWs even if you goin up against a very fast pitcher get in the box like you are the best hitter in the state. Behave like who you want to be and in time you will become that person.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Agree RH. Both on the line and philosophy.

My favorite Doc line, though, is something to the effect of:

"Ike, maybe poker is not your game. I know. Let's have a spelling contest."

Just such an obtuse way of being a jerk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802