No Brains No Brawn...or...Kick'em While They're Down

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 13, 2010
I had a game this season where we won by 25. THis was a team who just had a terrible day. We were hitting balls to players direct and they were playing tunnel ball. The worst example was a ball rolled to first base. She picked it up, turned to run and tripped over and the ball fell out and rolled torigjt field. My batter jogged and still made it safely.

We ended up having the girls swing at balls (and there pitcher they had in at that point couldn’t hit a barn door. It was obvious) then leaving early.

Jun 11, 2012
We have a HS team in our area that is made of girls from 2 neighboring towns, in the past when we played them the coach would pull as many JV girls up as he could and still leave JV with a team. 2 years ago he asked if anyone wanted to pitch this game and DD volunteered, she hadn’t pitched since 10U town ball. Even with a predominately sub/JV team, no varsity girl playing her primary position and 2 pitchers who hadn’t pitched in years we still run ruled them. They are just that bad.
Unfortunately they are in our league so we have to play them twice. DD always hated those games.
We have a team in our college conference that is similar and it’s not fun for anyone.

Jan 3, 2014
In my DD's very first season of fastpitch, her team faced the MN Renegades in a dome ball game. I saw them warming up and could easily see they were a very, very different team than my kid's. It looked like a different sport. I was thrilled to see their coach, who I later got to know a little bit, switched it up. It was clear he had kids out of position, non-pitcher pitching, etc....

It was still a run rule game. But it could have been a lot different. Afterwards, I stopped him and just said, "Hey coach. I appreciate what you did here." He just smiled and nodded. After that, I held him and his organization in high esteem.

Years later, my DD played on more competitive teams. The same Renegade teams still regularly kicked our rear. But, they did it with class.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802