Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Register Log in

New Software Error Report Thread!

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Help please. Can’t upload new avatar from iPhone. I’ve shrank file as much as possible. Still getting file to large error. Any suggestions?

admin

Administrator
Admin
Dec 22, 2009
North Texas
HUH, odd one... sent you a MSG, I will look into what may cause this. See if others report it. Does it give any specific error when it fails?

Oct 1, 2014
USA
The anti spam checks required when editing profiles etc are a PITA and seemingly overkill at that point. Already logged in, etc....

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
I'm still trying to learn everything new/different (PMs are now "conversations," apparently?), and my natural reaction is to hate everything that's different for the sake of being different, so I'll reserve comment on all that until I play around a bit more.

But I must say, it looks awful on desktop now. Everything was nice and neat and clean before, and now that it's clearly meant to be used on mobile, it's all just so big. All we have are giant buttons and massive fonts. Yes, I can zoom out a lot as a workaround, but really not digging the look. I also understand that all sites are moving to cater exclusively to mobile, so maybe I shouldn't expect the desktop user's experience to be considered.

admin

Administrator
Admin
Dec 22, 2009
North Texas
Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. I certainly don't expect folks to just jump in and say I love it. I still hate the new Microsoft Office, I liked the old version so much better. However, I get why it had to change.

Well, 55% of folks are on phones. Not me, but the rest are. I am a desktop user and find this much easier to use, uploading images are so easy and the font is much easier to read. So desktop use was considered heavily. I got rid of the extra spacing and such. Keep in mind there are also loads of other considerations as far as why it had to change, technical, longevity reasons, some SEO perhaps, yes styling for mobile and touch screen folks, site security and so on. The list goes on.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
HUH, odd one... sent you a MSG, I will look into what may cause this. See if others report it. Does it give any specific error when it fails?
Tried again this morning with original photo and it worked fine. Didn’t have to decrease file size at all.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lizmcreations