New one... ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 7, 2014
This one's new to me (surely though it's happened before)...

Ever hear of a sports event being canceled due to wind ? I'm seeing my Twitter feed get lit up right now with cancellations due to high winds - never heard of that before.

Oct 4, 2018
New to me too, but not unimaginable. At some point it makes things not fun. Windier than that could actually get dangerous.

We used to have golf competitions in high wind. It sucked. Such a drag trying to golf in heavy winds.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Never had one cancelled, but should have. Had balls hit to left field end up in right...and that was adults.
I was pitching and im pretty darn accurate...I was throwing balls 15foot off the plate behind a lefty and the
ball would fly back over. We went threw anybody who wanted to pitch and so did the other team. Then you switch fields and a whole new problem occurs. Then you went to the baseball size field and you are hitting
balls 380 feet because the wind is behind the batter. And the pitcher had to do anything to even get it to the plate.
There is a point in time where its prob not doing kids any good playing in 50mph winds or anything. When softball isn't really fun to play and detrimental.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coach101