Needing more accuracy.....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 13, 2018
Sorry if I missed it, but is she pitching in games right now? Many kids struggle with making changes when required to pitch. I’d suggest shooting some video of her demonstrating good form during lessons or practice, then comparing what she sees in game video.

We're just getting started for the year. Games coming soon!

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
When my dd was starting, we did fun games. We started with an old lawn chair and all I asked her to do was knock it down. When that became too easy, I found a construction cone and put a softball on top of that cone and BB had to try to knock it off. Then, she had to knock it off x amount of times. Then, we got two cones, one taller and one smaller and she would have to knock it off. Sometimes she did it just to do it and there were times she could win quarters for each time she knocked a ball off.

It is hard to have patience and see the progress but believe me, if you make it work instead of fun the progress will be slow. Oh, and keep in mind that when you use the cones, you will notice all of the times that your dd does not knock the ball off BUT throws pitches that you know will be strikes. Have fun!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802