My Catcher-Beast

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2014
The fist bump with the ump was pretty comical...maybe save that for after the game...but dang you think they would learn, probably what he was thinking too?? Coach should just say stop running into outs against that girl with the cannon back there.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
The fist bump with the ump was pretty comical...maybe save that for after the game...but dang you think they would learn, probably what he was thinking too?? Coach should just say stop running into outs against that girl with the cannon back there.

Maddie didn't get them all, but she made a dent (3 of 5). The opposing coach is definitely aggressive with base-running. This game was a friendly, not a tournament, so the ump showing a little enthusiasm wasn't really out of line. He was actually pretty good. Getting a fist-bump is pretty funny, though. I didn't notice it until I watched the video.

Sep 17, 2009
Straight steal of third with third basemen back? Not a winning proposition.

I just watched all of these videos. Great job all around. She's got good size and has been trained well. Makes the simple plays look easy -- that's what a good catcher, with good mechanics, does.

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Nice work, especially from the knees! DD threw down one girl at 2nd last weekend and there would have been a second, but no one was there to catch it! Grrr... Catchers work hard; be there for them, infielders!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Nice work, especially from the knees! DD threw down one girl at 2nd last weekend and there would have been a second, but no one was there to catch it! Grrr... Catchers work hard; be there for them, infielders!

I feel your pain. On one play, our F5 ducked to get out of the way of a throw to 3B from Maddie. Unfortunately, F6 wasn't there as F5 expected. That one cost us a run. Friendlies are for learning. ;)

May 24, 2013
So Cal
It's been a while since I added anything to this thread, so here we go...

Maddie has been increasingly effective with her arm this fall, throwing out over 50% of stolen base attempts, and significantly limiting the number of attempts. In her last game of 2018, she got 2 of 2, including this "strike-em-out/throw-em-out" DP to end the inning. Her catch-transfer-throw time was pretty slow, but it got the job done.

May 19, 2016
The first clip, the bullet to second base, reminds me of a Wasserman mantra: "To create velocity you must create resistance in a throw." Looks like your DD has terrific hip-trunk separation there. The right leg kick out she has after putting everything into the throw is something I've been working with my DD on (without much success, alas) -- instead of keeping her right toe in the dirt and just dragging it a bit forward as is her stubborn habit. She just doesn't know how to use all of her body yet.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28