Motivational acronyms

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 1, 2015
DHCD - Don't Hit Coach Don. aka - Rule 4
Rule 1 - Have Fun
Rule 2 - Try your Best
Rule 3 - lips zipped when Coach is talking
Rule 4 - DHCD (with ball or bat)
Rule 5 - (when playing catch w/Coach Don) You chuck it, You chase it. And it's corollary, You miss it, You get it.

Jun 4, 2013
Orange County, CA
CT (Car Talk)

Anytime DW, DD or myself have any criticism about the team or DD game and it starts to spill out, DD says "CT" because she would get embarrassed. We quickly realized somethings are best said in private so that became our code. Now anytime either one is asked how the game/practice was and the answer is a juicy unfavorable one our reply is "CT"

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
4Ps - Practice Prevents Poor Performance

and for those of you who want to take it to the next level.....

12Ps - Practice, proper prior planning, passion, patience, persistence and perseverance prevent piss poor performance.

Nov 3, 2015
Vienna, VA
Had an opposing coach yell out "Remember the three K's - Cool, Calm, Confident". Made his girls laugh "at the old dude" and they relaxed and played better.

VTF

Jun 1, 2015
I like the commonly used "ROOTS" acronym - Respect the Rules, Opponents, Officials, Team Members, and School/Self involved with the game.

Additionally, I like using the "6 Ws" - "Work will win, when wishing won't". I use that one quite a bit for my own self-esteem and motivation.

Mar 14, 2011
Silicon Valley, CA
I liked ACE = attitude concentration effort, the things you can control

But recently saw (on DFP?) ACE = acting cures everything and got a laugh. I've told hitters you better be relaxed and confident in the box and if you aren't you better act like you are. So while the alternative ACE is somewhat goofy I don't think it's entirely without merit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee